vandalblue

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2015
Hello, i would like to upgrade my pc, since some games/programs are not working well (currently gaming at 2k and heavy modeling in blender)

Current specs:

• Ryzen 1800x (since launch)
  • Corsair h115i (has 4 years of use)
  • AsRock x370 Fatal1ty K4 (
  • G.skill ripjaws 4 3000mhz, 16 GB (4x4) (6 years)
  • Geforce Gtx 1080 Ti Rog Asus (4 years)
  • Psu Cooler master M2 850w 80+ silver (6-7 years)

Planeed upgrade:

• I7 11700 / 12700
  • Decent/good mb
  • 32 gb ram G.skill
  • no gpu upgrade, my pockets hurts
  • a good new cooler

Right now i'm little bored about the ram and motherboard conflicts, since these are 4x4 i need to restart several times the computer to make it recognize all 4 modules in certain order, the gpu is fine, rock solid as the first day i usted it, the cooler mess with the stupid ryzen 1800x 20c offset wich never got fixed, also the psu wich still works, but it is better to change it due to its age?

I would like some advised and your toughts on a new build, thank you!

Solution
Hello, i would like to upgrade my pc, since some games/programs are not working well (currently gaming at 2k and heavy modeling in blender)

Current specs:

Planeed upgrade:

• I7 11700 / 12700
  • Decent/good mb
  • 32 gb ram G.skill
  • a good new cooler
Right now i'm little bored about the ram and motherboard conflicts, since these are 4x4 i need to restart several times the computer to make it recognize all 4 modules in certain order, the...
Are you wedded to the idea of liquid cooling?

Are you satisfied with your current case?

No mention of drives; I'd definitely avoid traditional spinning drives.

PSU is maybe aging, but who's to say a replacement wouldn't have a premature death or be problematic in some way.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021

Current specs:

Planeed upgrade:

• I7 11700 / 12700
  • Decent/good mb
  • 32 gb ram G.skill
  • a good new cooler
Right now i'm little bored about the ram and motherboard conflicts, since these are 4x4 i need to restart several times the computer to make it recognize all 4 modules in certain order, the gpu is fine, rock solid as the first day i usted it, the cooler mess with the stupid ryzen 1800x 20c offset wich never got fixed, also the psu wich still works, but it is better to change it due to its age?

I don't know a ton about power supplies but the cpu/mb/ram and cooler upgrade would be a good investment. Here is what I came up with. You could downgrade to a 12600k if you want to save $100 https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7q24Xb

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017

Current specs:

Planeed upgrade:

• I7 11700 / 12700
  • Decent/good mb
  • 32 gb ram G.skill
  • a good new cooler

My PSU is same age as yours and still rocking like a new. I think we're fine with our power supplies. I like your new planned upgrade. Just one thing - I would get two sticks of 16GB RAM, so in the future you can add more if you will need it. Your GPU is still fine and considering how expensive are GPUs right now, I think it's a wise choice to keep your current GPU. Oh, one more thing - get an air cooler. Maybe those AIO coolers look fancy than air coolers, but when it comes to reliability and performance, they are inferior to air coolers. Personally, I would suggest you this cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports duo. You can see by the Amazon ratings and reviews how good is that cooler. I have it, just non duo version with one fan and it's best cooler I ever had. Before that I had AIO. Not only this arctic cooler cools my CPU better, but it's also very quiet comparing to my ex AIO which sounded like a jet on load.

Solution