nuwandhammika

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
After 15-20 day, i turned on my ups but it did not work. After i plugged in ups beeping came continuously.
Around 1st hour there were very short beeps (1s).
Next hour the beeps were bit long (3s).
After another hour beeps were even longer (5-6s)
As i mentioned beep length was rised with time.
Now beep is not stopping.
before a beep , yellow led flashed.then Red led flashes while beeping.
what i should do now ? What happened to my ups?
Ups model :- kstar micro 650

Solution
I found this manual for your UPS

http://www.kstarnewenergy.com/downl...PS/MICRO POWER (MICRO400-2000) 400-2000VA.pdf

This is a .pdf document, but it is laid out oddly so that you can print the pages, fold them, and fit them together to make a little booklet. So don't go by the page numbers shown in Adobe Acrobat. Look at the small page numbers at the bottom centre of each small page. By that way of looking, see the Troubleshooting table from the bottom of p. 2 to the top of p.3.

I note it says at the very bottom of p. 4 that, if your battery is not charged (maybe weak after long storage), you must plug it into the wall outlet BUT unplug any load from it. Turn it on and...

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Beeping conditions are generally telling you various information either about the battery or the incoming current based on the code and sometimes by lights or a screen. You should consult your manual and verify what the codes are indicating. Be aware that UPS contain lead acid batteries most often and can be hazardous under certain conditions.

nuwandhammika

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
Beeping conditions are generally telling you various information either about the battery or the incoming current based on the code and sometimes by lights or a screen. You should consult your manual and verify what the codes are indicating. Be aware that UPS contain lead acid batteries most often and can be hazardous under certain conditions.
my manual doesn't have a solution for situation like this.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I bought it in 2017 so no warranty remains.

Ah, I was of the impression that the "15-20 day" comment was in relation to a newer purchase.

I note that their main webpage is no longer accessible. There is a newer landing page for them under a slightly different name, but offering different product sku. Seems they are out of Taipei...

I would suggest that you got all you were going to out of this one and hunt for something else, or take it to someone that is trained in testing equipment like this. The charging circuits and batteries can both hurt you badly, I do not suggest self testing.

nuwandhammika

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
Ah, I was of the impression that the "15-20 day" comment was in relation to a newer purchase.

I note that their main webpage is no longer accessible. There is a newer landing page for them under a slightly different name, but offering different product sku. Seems they are out of Taipei...

I would suggest that you got all you were going to out of this one and hunt for something else, or take it to someone that is trained in testing equipment like this. The charging circuits and batteries can both hurt you badly, I do not suggest self testing.
Appreciate your help

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I found this manual for your UPS

http://www.kstarnewenergy.com/downl...PS/MICRO POWER (MICRO400-2000) 400-2000VA.pdf

This is a .pdf document, but it is laid out oddly so that you can print the pages, fold them, and fit them together to make a little booklet. So don't go by the page numbers shown in Adobe Acrobat. Look at the small page numbers at the bottom centre of each small page. By that way of looking, see the Troubleshooting table from the bottom of p. 2 to the top of p.3.

I note it says at the very bottom of p. 4 that, if your battery is not charged (maybe weak after long storage), you must plug it into the wall outlet BUT unplug any load from it. Turn it on and let it charge for at least 6 hours. Turn it off, connect your loads, and turn on again.

Solution