keslo

Commendable
Nov 27, 2017
Hello. I've recently changed my Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Ti JetStream GPU (which was perfectly fine, i thought it was broken since it was a 2nd hand deal) with an ASUS RTX 2060 RoG OC. So basically, when I changed the fan speed of the Palit GTX 1070 Ti, the PC would make an electrical noise, and then it would shut down. As it may sound like, this is actually not coil whine, nor the GPU's fault, because THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED with the BRAND NEW Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2060!!!!!! And no, it's not the power supply, I've had 2 thus far (seasonic 750w platinum and coolermaster V1000 gold) which are perfectly fine. Damn, I've spent 130 euros on a PSU i thought was broken! I STRUGGLED WITH THIS PIECE OF crap FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT, JUST TO WASTE 500 EUROS ON A PROBLEM THAT STILL EXISTS! Please, I need urgent help. (HD 7700) had no problems at all, because it required a 6 pin power connector.

On the other hand, BOTH of these GPU's have a 6+8 pin POWER connector

I'm speculating that the 8 pin is not installed as it should be

Also, the WRAITH PRISM cooler is V E R Y loud, could it have something to do with this?

Last edited:

keslo

Commendable
Nov 27, 2017
I've recently changed my Palit GeForce GTX 1070 Ti JetStream GPU (which was perfectly fine, i thought it was broken since it was a 2nd hand deal) with an ASUS RTX 2060 RoG OC. So basically, when I changed the fan speed of the Palit GTX 1070 Ti, the PC would make an electrical noise, and then it would shut down. As it may sound like, this is actually not coil whine, nor the GPU's fault, because the exact thing happened with the new Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2060! And no, it's not the power supply, I've had 2 thus far (seasonic 750w platinum and coolermaster V1000 gold) which are perfectly fine.
No bsod's whatsoever, PC just shuts off. I was just idle, changed the FAN speed from 25 to 27 (wow) and it just shut off.
(HD 7700) had no problems at all, because it required a 6 pin power connector.
On the other hand, the Palit and the RoG GPU's have a 6+8 pin power connector
Also, the AMD wraith prism cooler is very loud, could it have something to do with this?

keslo

Commendable
Nov 27, 2017
Maybe cus the fan speed on the stock cooler, or the nzxt fans were so used, the idle gpu (at 0%) when turned to 26% just went "ok, that's too much". Or maybe it's insufficient thermal paste on the CPU, cus I did not built the PC myself, but my friends at some PC service. Either way, there is just no way that 2 premium top-tier GPU's (Asus RoG and Palit JetStream) are the reason why the PC shut down (they're both idle at 0%). I'm speculating it's the cooler or the thermal paste.

keslo

Commendable
Nov 27, 2017
Would you consider buying a new cooler and some new fans, taking the PC to the service and thell them to make sure every single cable is properly connected, and if the thermal paste isn't installed as it should be, to just wipe off the old one and replace it with a more quality thermal paste a good option?