Question USB doesn’t work quite right, slow wireless

Btg312

Reputable
Aug 3, 2020
I’m having an issue with my desktop tower. I have a USB drive, Logitech keyboard-mouse set with a single wireless receiver for both, and a USB WiFi adapter. I’ve been getting some odd behavior. The USB drive works fine as far as I can tell, but my mouse and keyboard have noticeable lag (this doesn’t happen on my other rig). My WiFi stick is even weirder. When downloading Steam games it works fine, except for being very slow. When I download anything through a web browser, it will download for a short while before failing. I can access web pages, but download often fail before they finish. It seems to be tied to bandwidth, because if I throttle my download to unreasonably slow speeds, it will not fail. I’ve also had this download issue in things such as the AMD driver installer, which I managed to get working.
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B365M D3SH
CPU: i5-9600K
RAM: 2x 8GB EvoPoenza Ryzen
SSD: 1x 512GB M.2, 1x 512GB SATA SSD
GPU: AMD RX 580 (I think)
Thanks for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
You could try and manually reinstall your chipset driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You can the follow the same method for your wireless adapter's driver. Speaking of wireless adapter, what adapter are you working with?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Btg312

Reputable
Aug 3, 2020
You could try and manually reinstall your chipset driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. You can the follow the same method for your wireless adapter's driver. Speaking of wireless adapter, what adapter are you working with?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
I’ve installed the chipset driver through Intel’s installer itself, and the wireless adapter said it was plug and play and not to instead drivers. Plus, when I’ve tried different wireless adapters, I get the same issue, so I don’t think it’s a wireless driver issue. My adapter I use is a PAU05, and my BIOS is the latest version (I believe F7)