[SOLVED] USB Peripherals stay on after shut down

AntozJr

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
Up until a few nights ago, whenever I would shut off my pc, everything would turn off with it. I have a mouse, keyboard, and webcam connected via USB2-3, and a microphone connected via USBC. A few nights ago, I shut off my pc and noticed that the peripherals did not shut off with it like usual. To turn them off I had to disconnect them from the pc then plug them back in. I saw on another thread to go into BIOS and enable ERP which I did, and it did shut off the mouse but thats all. Now whenever the pc is off, the leds on my microphone and webcam are still on. Is there a way to get them to shut off like before without having to disconnect them everytime?

AntozJr

Prominent
Mar 28, 2020
how is this possible???
I'm not sure whatsoever, this started recently so it's not like its always done it. My peripherals are all connected solely to the pc and nothing more for power, with the only exception being my speakers. My microphone and webcam stay on now all night and I've not the slightest clue why.

Jacklope

Reputable
Jan 17, 2021
I'm not sure whatsoever, this started recently so it's not like its always done it. My peripherals are all connected solely to the pc and nothing more for power, with the only exception being my speakers. My microphone and webcam stay on now all night and I've not the slightest clue why.
it happened to me to my mouse. i think cuz it was a cheap 2 dollar "gaming" mouse. maybe its cuz the peripherals

Jacklope

Reputable
Jan 17, 2021
Up until a few nights ago, whenever I would shut off my pc, everything would turn off with it. I have a mouse, keyboard, and webcam connected via USB2-3, and a microphone connected via USBC. A few nights ago, I shut off my pc and noticed that the peripherals did not shut off with it like usual. To turn them off I had to disconnect them from the pc then plug them back in. I saw on another thread to go into BIOS and enable ERP which I did, and it did shut off the mouse but thats all. Now whenever the pc is off, the leds on my microphone and webcam are still on. Is there a way to get them to shut off like before without having to disconnect them everytime?
I cannot help with your question, is suggest to post again the same thread and see if other people know better

TRENDING THREADS