Question USB ports not working. Pc taking longer than usual to shut down

Nov 1, 2021
Okay so, I wanted to check some files on a USB I have. I insert the USB, no response from the PC, I try 2-3 different ports, no response still. At that point I'm thinking, maybe I'm super unlucky and all these empty ports broke somehow.
I unplug the keyboard and try the USB there, no luck again. I plug the keyboard back on ( at the same port, not that it matters since the result was the same no matter where I plugged it ), you guessed it, no response. Now my keyboard doesn't work.
First thing I do is give my PC a restart. That's when I notice that my PC is taking longer to shut down than usual ( it might have taken a solid 2 min to shut down ). Anyway, PC is back on, keyboard still doesn't work ( mouse does but I never unplugged that, I'm assuming that if I do that won't work either ).
Can you guys help me? Thank you in advance!
Also, keep in mind I have a password for my PC so idk how I can enter without the keyboard working.
Forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this. Tell me where I should and I'll gladly delete it/move on

Nov 9, 2021
Okay so, I wanted to check some files on a USB I have. I insert the USB, no response from the PC, I try 2-3 different ports, no response still. At that point I'm thinking, maybe I'm super unlucky and all these empty ports broke somehow.
I unplug the keyboard and try the USB there, no luck again. I plug the keyboard back on ( at the same port, not that it matters since the result was the same no matter where I plugged it ), you guessed it, no response. Now my keyboard doesn't work.
First thing I do is give my PC a restart. That's when I notice that my PC is taking longer to shut down than usual ( it might have taken a solid 2 min to shut down ). Anyway, PC is back on, keyboard still doesn't work ( mouse does but I never unplugged that, I'm assuming that if I do that won't work either ).
Can you guys help me? Thank you in advance!
Also, keep in mind I have a password for my PC so idk how I can enter without the keyboard working.
Forgive me if this isn't the right place to post this. Tell me where I should and I'll gladly delete it/move on
did you
get your fix ?