lou_15

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

Pat - I finally found some drivers and installed them. I now see an HP Pavilion Webcam under Imaging Devices in Device Manager. However, it has a yellow exclamation point.

Device properties shows: This device cannot start (Code 10)

When I search for a driver the following message appears:
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.

lou_15

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

I uninstalled the device and rebooted. Still has a yellow exclamation mark.
Note: I did not check "Delete the driver software for this device".

At bootup there is an error message: "PC Hardware Manager: Can't Open CF Kernel Mode Driver".

G

What you will do is go in Device manager right click the bang, then go to properties, then to the details tab in that tab there should be a drop down that is already populated with the device instance ID. In the dialogue below the drop down there should be a string of gibberish. It looks something like this PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E&SUBSYS_0211128&REV_02\3&172E68D D&O&D8.

Then go to this site pcidatabase.com

Put in the 4 digit number that comes after VEN_ as the vender id. Then put in the 4 digit number after DEV_ as the device ID. Click search. If you get multiple results find the exact match to the information you searched for. This will give you the device the driver is missing for and help narrow your search.