[SOLVED] Use both Ethernet and WiFi at the same time to improve download/upload speeds

Jun 8, 2020
Hello! I am wondering whether I can make my download speed faster if I use both Ethernet and WiFi at the same time, BUT I connect to 2 different networks.

I will be connecting the Ethernet to my home network and I'll connect to my mobile hotspot using WiFi.

Can I make downloading in Chrome, downloading Steam games and downloading torrents faster if I do that? If yes, do I need to configure every app that downloads things to do that or is there some setting in Windows that can do it automatically?

Solution
Hello! I am wondering whether I can make my download speed faster if I use both Ethernet and WiFi at the same time, BUT I connect to 2 different networks.

I will be connecting the Ethernet to my home network and I'll connect to my mobile hotspot using WiFi.

Can I make downloading in Chrome, downloading Steam games and downloading torrents faster if I do that? If yes, do I need to configure every app that downloads things to do that or is there some setting in Windows that can do it automatically?
IF you had multiple things to download simultaneously from multiple sites and IF you could identify the far end IP so that you could add specific routes to your PC, then MAYBE. For most situations, the answer is no.

kanewolf

Titan

IF you had multiple things to download simultaneously from multiple sites and IF you could identify the far end IP so that you could add specific routes to your PC, then MAYBE. For most situations, the answer is no.

Solution