[SOLVED] Use Ethernet for downloading and WiFi for uploading

Jan 25, 2020
From the title, you might be thinking this is a pretty stupid sounding post, but I promise you it has some merit.

So, I'll just get straight into it. On ethernet I get 250 down, 5 up. But, when I use my phones hotspot as "ethernet" on my pc I get 100 down, 30 up. I was wondering if it would be possible to use my wired connection to the router as download, and my carrier hotspot as upload.

Solution
From the title, you might be thinking this is a pretty stupid sounding post, but I promise you it has some merit.

So, I'll just get straight into it. On ethernet I get 250 down, 5 up. But, when I use my phones hotspot as "ethernet" on my pc I get 100 down, 30 up. I was wondering if it would be possible to use my wired connection to the router as download, and my carrier hotspot as upload.
If you need to upload to a single location you may be able to send all upload and dowload traffic through your phone. But a site needs both upload and download going the same direction.

kanewolf

Titan

If you need to upload to a single location you may be able to send all upload and dowload traffic through your phone. But a site needs both upload and download going the same direction.

Solution

Not under these circumstances no.