I have set up 3 User Accounts: User1, User2, and Visitor. User1 and User2
are password protected. But Visitor can log in, go to Start/Control
Panel/User Accounts, and change or delete any of the passwords. So these
passwords are worthless. Is there a way that only User1 or User2 can change
or delete their passwords??

Tom Volk wrote:
> I have set up 3 User Accounts: User1, User2, and Visitor. User1 and User2
> are password protected. But Visitor can log in, go to Start/Control
> Panel/User Accounts, and change or delete any of the passwords. So these
> passwords are worthless. Is there a way that only User1 or User2 can change
> or delete their passwords??

Did you grant the "Visitor" account with administrative privileges? If
so, what you see is perfectly normal. Why not use, instead, the
built-in Guest account, which has very limited privileges by default?

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
Folders
;Q308419]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q308419

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Set the user accounts to "Limited user"

Share Your Windows XP PC: Get Started:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/share/intro.mspx

Learn how the right user account can help your computer security:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/online/logoff_admin_account.mspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Tom Volk" <tomvolk@btinet.net> wrote in message
>I have set up 3 User Accounts: User1, User2, and Visitor. User1 and
>User2 are password protected. But Visitor can log in, go to Start/Control
>Panel/User Accounts, and change or delete any of the passwords. So these
>passwords are worthless. Is there a way that only User1 or User2 can
>change or delete their passwords??

Gordon

> Why not use, instead, the built-in Guest account,

Microsoft Security Baseline Analyzer says that a turned-on Guest account is
a security risk