[SOLVED] Userbenchmark says my PC is underperforming

Michal1012

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
I have a gaming pc what was built by a website that specializes in PC building here in Norway where I live. I had this PC for about half a year, but I haven't run a benchmark until now. After taking the benchmark, it says that my PC is performing bellow expectations (26th percentile). I must admit that Im not a huge PC nerd when it comes to hardware, so therefor Im asking here for help incase there is something that can be done to improve the performance. I have attached some screenshots to this posts so you guys can better understand my problem

My PC specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151, ATX, B360, DDR4, 2xPCIe-x16, M.2, CFX, SupremeFX, Varenr: 1003820 / Prodnr: ROG STRIX B360-F GAMING

GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 DUAL EVO, PCI-Express 3.0, 6GB, GDDR6, 1365/1680MHz, Turing

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K, Socket-LGA1151, 6-Core, 6-Thread, 3.70GHz, Coffee Lake, Tray

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz, 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz (PC4-19200) CL14, XMP 2.0, Sort

SSD: Kingston A1000 480GB M.2 SSD, M.2 2280, PCIe 3.0 x2, NVMe, 3D TLC, up to 1500/900 MB/s, 300TBW

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" HDD, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 7200RPM, 64MB cache, 3.5"

PSU: Corsair Vengeance 750M, 750W PSU, ATX 12V 2.4, 80 Plus Silver, Semi Modular,6x 6+2-pin PCIe, 8x SATA

Pictures:
View: https://imgur.com/a/Bo3T0k7

Solution
Honestly, going from 2133 to 2400 isn't going to be some game changing thing, maybe a few FPS at best. As long as the system performs well that's all that matters and isn't worth risking the warranty if you have to swap around memory or enable XMP for a better benchmark score.

WildCard999

Titan
The memory isn't running at it's rated speed so you need to make sure the memory is in the correct slots (A2/B2) & XMP is enabled in the BIOS.

As for the CPU it could be a few things like thermal throttling or just that your CPU, which is unlocked, is paired on a locked board and thus cannot be overclocked but is being compared against those that are and are near the 5ghz range.

Michal1012

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
The memory isn't running at it's rated speed so you need to make sure the memory is in the correct slots (A2/B2) & XMP is enabled in the BIOS.

As for the CPU it could be a few things like thermal throttling or just that your CPU, which is unlocked, is paired on a locked board and thus cannot be overclocked but is being compared against those that are and are near the 5ghz range.

How do I find out if the stisck are in the correct slots though? I don't really wan't to take them out as the PC has a warranty as long as I don't switch/remove any parts. And what is XMP and should I disable it?

WildCard999

Titan
Honestly, going from 2133 to 2400 isn't going to be some game changing thing, maybe a few FPS at best. As long as the system performs well that's all that matters and isn't worth risking the warranty if you have to swap around memory or enable XMP for a better benchmark score.

Solution
How do I find out if the stisck are in the correct slots though? I don't really wan't to take them out as the PC has a warranty as long as I don't switch/remove any parts. And what is XMP and should I disable it?
The pdf manual for the MB on ASUS' product page for that board clearly states and shows on page 19 you use the 2nd and 4th slots labeled B2 and A2 for dual channel two module configurations.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E13590_ROG_STRIX_B360-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

Page 63 states to access XMP settings via the Ai Tweaker heading under the AI Overclock Tuner sub heading, where you then change it from Auto to XMP.

What was said about knowing what settings others are using is key as well, but synthetic benchmarks aren't really a good way to determine actual game performance, if testing for that is the end goal.