dizman

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
I know your not suppose to do this but I'm just curious if you can nowadays with SP2 and the Validation Tool thing.

Me and my roommate just ordered/built new computers and well this was kind of an after thought. We both want to buy a copy we just don't have the money at the moment to each to get our own. So basically we want to use our parts as soon as we get them. :D

billscarnage

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
Yes you can use XP on more than one computer. I've never tried to activate XP at the same time on two different computers, but have done it a few days apart with no problem.

I should add that i'm using a legit copy, not a hacked version.

You can also get full legit versions of Pro off Ebay for @ $120. They are distributed via hardware vendors.

dizman

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
Yes you can use XP on more than one computer. I've never tried to activate XP at the same time on two different computers, but have done it a few days apart with no problem.

Yeah that's what I meant, if we can, for now we want to split the cost of one

billscarnage

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006

Yeah that's what I meant, if we can, for now we want to split the cost of one

Just wait a week or so between activations. You have 30 days.

sturm

Splendid
If you have a college near you checkout the bookstore and see if they have it. sometimes you can get xp pro thru a school for like 10 to 15 bucks. If you dont go there just ask a student to buy it for you.