So I've had this build for at least a year now:

ASUS PRIME Z590-A
i7-11700k
Gigabyte 3070ti
64GB Trident 3200C16
Samsung 980 pro
Barracuda 4tb
Corsair cs750m 750 watt

A couple weeks ago, I found some red pixelation of my HDMI monitor. Thought nothing of it, got a new cable and it seemed to go away. Might be related, idk. Weeks later I shut down my PC for a couple minutes, restarted it and found that the VGA light is on and no display is coming through. My bluetooth connected just fine so I assume the PC was booting fine. I shut it back down, restarted: same issue. I waited a while, turned off the PSU, unplugged the GPU's power, replugged it in, plugged the PC power in and turned the PSU on. Turned the PC on and still the VGA light, but then I noticed signal on my monitor and my screen came on.

I'm typing this now on the PC, the fans are spinning at idle with a 70w draw which I think is double the idle draw than is supposed to (I'm running x2 monitors @ 1440p). VGA light is still on and persists every restart. This has never been a problem before but I'm coming to the conclusion it might be a PSU-related issue. Wanted to get any thoughts before I buy a new one.

GPU drivers are up to date, but I think my mobo bios might be a bit older. Thank you guys for any input.

bdcrlsn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had a similar issue randomly start myself and found that I had to reset the CMOS every time I restarted or booted the machine for the GPU to work properly. Ended up being a bad CPU.