Question VGA light on motherboard. Posts depending on the computers mood

Alexander_113

Honorable
May 26, 2017
Hey guys I have been having this issue with my GPU for a while now, currently running out of ideas on what next to try.

The GIgabyte RTX 2060 when it works it works fine no issues, however when booting the system after it has been powered off, the motherbaord will display hang on the VGA light, several reboots fix the issue and boots me into windows.
However sometimes it doesn't have this issue, boots up no problem. The issue seems it happens at random times.
I have a I had bought this card secondhand 8 or so months ago now, the initial seller advised that it is a referb card that had this issue on their system aswell (dont know their specs).

I have repleaced my PSU for a new one( EVGA 700 GD 700W 80+ Gold), due to other issues, I have also tried reinstalling windows, removing and installing drivers.
I do have 2 monitors one DP and other HDMI, only having one connected eigther HDMI or DP still have the issue.
I am planning on changing out my motherboard and cpu for an upgrade, though I dont think this will solve the issue as it has happened on a diffrent system.

The only thing I havn't tried would be to flash the BIOS, though bit nervous on doing it as I don't want to brick the GPU.
Would you guys recommened it or is it better to just deal with the issue and get another GPU once I build up my saving's more?

Specs of my computer
CPU: i5 7600k(4.5Ghz OC)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060
Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR
Ram: 2x 8GB 3200 mhz DDR4
PSU: EVGA 700 GD 700W 80+ Gold Power supply

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"when booting the system after it has been powered off, the motherbaord will display hang on the VGA light, several reboots fix the issue and boots me into windows. "

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

My thought being that something is simply a bit loose and needs to warm up/expand in order to make full contact.

Connections, cards, etc., do work loose due to expansion/contraction, and vibrations.

Alexander_113

Honorable
May 26, 2017
This:

"when booting the system after it has been powered off, the motherbaord will display hang on the VGA light, several reboots fix the issue and boots me into windows. "

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

My thought being that something is simply a bit loose and needs to warm up/expand in order to make full contact.

Connections, cards, etc., do work loose due to expansion/contraction, and vibrations.
I did give my pc a clean out after I installed the new PSU but I'll give that a go replug and double check my connections and update on any changes.

TRENDING THREADS