[SOLVED] VGA Red LED & Display is black with Solid White line

Apr 21, 2020
I am building two systems at the same time and they have both run into the same problem. They both have the vga led solid red and the display shows a black screen with a solid white line in the upper left corner.

The specs are:
Ryzen 5 1600 AF
Gigabyte RX 570
Gigabyte B450m aorus m
Raidmax Scorpio 635w 80+ BR

I have tried checking and changing the pci-e cables, changing display cables, mashing every button on the keyboard to get to the bios, but no luck. It is strange to me that the same thing is happening to both pc's at the same time.
Any ideas would be very appreciated.

View: https://imgur.com/a/11AcXZf

Last edited:
Solution
be sure you connected the PCIe cable to the correct port of the PSU.
Would try a different and better power supply. Better in terms of quality and not more wattage

reset the motherboard by jumper clrCMOS

be sure that the GPU is completley connected to the PCIe port. Sometimes the cases don´t fit that good and lift the card a bit where the GPU is screwed to the case.

Did you install the spacers underneath the motherboard in the correct places?

other than that, disconnect all unnecessary devices, only connect:
CPU, cooler, cpu fan, PCIe and ATX + ATX12V power cables, one RAM in the second dimm slot from CPU

take the motherboard out of the case and try powering on, on a non conducting surface, like wood or stone or uncoated cardboard...
Apr 21, 2020
Which RAM are you using?

Is the motherboard installed inside a case?

Did you connect the 8-pin (6+2) PCIe cable to the graphics card?

which monitor are you using? Did you connect the video cable to the GPU and not the motherboard?

Did you connect the GPU to the PCIEX16 (upper slot)?

RAM is g.skill V 3200 8x2
I tried both PCI-e 8 pin connecters from the PSU
I am using a TCL 32in TV for a monitor (hdmi), I plugged the hdmi into the GPU because I gathered the mobo with Ryzen has no onboard boot option.
The GPU is in the upper slot. The GPU I have wont fit into the lower slot because of the usb (etc) cables.

I attached a picture to the original post.

Would try a different and better power supply. Better in terms of quality and not more wattage

be sure that the GPU is completley connected to the PCIe port. Sometimes the cases don´t fit that good and lift the card a bit where the GPU is screwed to the case.

CPU, cooler, cpu fan, PCIe and ATX + ATX12V power cables, one RAM in the second dimm slot from CPU

take the motherboard out of the case and try powering on, on a non conducting surface, like wood or stone or uncoated cardboard (NOT the packaging of your hardware)

Might be the BIOS not able to detect the CPU or GPU correctly.

Reactions: Thulamir
Solution
Apr 21, 2020

take the motherboard out of the case and try powering on, on a non conducting surface, like wood or stone or uncoated cardboard (NOT the packaging of your hardware)

Might be the BIOS not able to detect the CPU or GPU correctly.

I reset the CMOS and it worked. Thank you for all your help!

Reactions: helpstar