Question VGA white light on MOBO - First setup

Dec 15, 2021
Hi all, so I’m helping somebody to build a gaming pc. After the first switch on, the ezbug went through the process. Cpu passed, dram passed, but it’s stuck on a solid white light on VGA.

There is a light above the graphics card pin connector, which I believe confirms it’s connected to the PSU correctly.

I have attempted to boot with one a single stick of ram in the correct slot instead of the dual channel with 2 sticks.

The pc doesn’t short out or anything, it’s still constantly running. But no display at all. I’ve also attempted to use both the graphics and mobo hdmi ports.

GPU: ASUS GTX 1600 6GB
PSU: Corsair CX550M
MOBO: MSI Bazooka B450M

all help would be appreciated because I’m panicking a little with this now. First time I’ve had an issue on boot after a fresh build. Thanks everyone in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021
Can you confirm it is either a 1060 or 1660 GPU, as I'm not aware of any 1600 GPU's.

Here is a good guide for troubleshooting no post - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/
Hi buddy. Yh it’s a 1060. My fault it was a typo. I will check out this thread shortly. Is it possible it could be an easy fix with something unrelated to the GPU? Or if I go through the thread above to no success, would it almost definitely be an issue with the GPU itself?

tecmo34

Administrator
Hi buddy. Yh it’s a 1060. My fault it was a typo. I will check out this thread shortly. Is it possible it could be an easy fix with something unrelated to the GPU? Or if I go through the thread above to no success, would it almost definitely be an issue with the GPU itself?
If you are not able to get a video out with the on-board graphics without the GPU, then you know it is most likely not the GPU but something else. If you are trying HDMI, I would try using a DisplayPort cable instead to see if that helps.

Dec 15, 2021
If you are not able to get a video out with the on-board graphics without the GPU, then you know it is most likely not the GPU but something else. If you are trying HDMI, I would try using a DisplayPort cable instead to see if that helps.
So I believe the build doesn’t support on board graphics. I tried both hdmi ports and both display ports with monitors and wires I know are working. I then put my graphics card into the build and it went straight through into the bios and managed to finish setting up windows etc.