[SOLVED] vibration noise from PSU area !

May 23, 2020
Hello guys! so i'hv been hearing some vibration noise on my pc and its coming from the psu area and some guys told me it can be the hdds causing the vibration against the case
so i tried to take the hdd out of the case and the vibration noise was going and coming as long as i touch the hdd and this time its not loud in the psu area as it was before
then i took the psu out too and tried to listen if the vibration is coming from it and it wasnt but when i put it back on the case the vibration seems to be coming from it which making SOO CONFUSED !
also another weird thing that when everyting is in the case ( normal ) when i play games and the vibration starts i lift the case for like 3mm and the noise stop ?????? what is going on ?
Can someone explain to me ?

Solution
with system off check if the case is 4 leg or one of them do not touch the desk also see if she is strait and not bend on the side like having a angle if you put the cpu on desk or book outside case without holding it does it vibrate .

wobbleidz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
www.i-TNA.net
Hi there, have you checked all the screws in the case on the motherboard, the ones that are attached to the PSU and the HDD ones? If not, try to see if anything is loose.

You could also try to take the PSU out and clean it up, see if the fan is good and all, and check the screws.

May 23, 2020
Hi there, have you checked all the screws in the case on the motherboard, the ones that are attached to the PSU and the HDD ones? If not, try to see if anything is loose.
the screws on the motherboard and the psu are perfectly attached i guess but in my case there is no hdd screws like i just put them in there with no screws
You could also try to take the PSU out and clean it up, see if the fan is good and all, and check the screws.
the psu is new i have it now for like 1 week and i guess its not that noisy or something because when i took off the vibration wasnt coming for it / i hear it from psu when its attached in the case ( the hdds are close it )

wobbleidz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
www.i-TNA.net
the screws on the motherboard and the psu are perfectly attached i guess but in my case there is no hdd screws like i just put them in there with no screws

the psu is new i have it now for like 1 week and i guess its not that noisy or something because when i took off the vibration wasnt coming for it / i hear it from psu when its attached in the case ( the hdds are close it )

Well then, by what you're telling us, I would assume it's your case. Is it an old one? take it apart try to see what's loose or consider a new case maybe :D

I would also consider some padding for the HDDs just so they stay put and not vibrate

May 23, 2020
Well then, by what you're telling us, I would assume it's your case. Is it an old one? take it apart try to see what's loose or consider a new case maybe :D

I would also consider some padding for the HDDs just so they stay put and not vibrate
i bought this case a month ago but i guess its not a good one ! i just wanna know why is the vibration coming from the psu area ? and lifting the case making the vibration stop ? actually i wanna be sure its not the psu !

May 23, 2020
did you check all the fans in the case if one of them is not loose and and made this so when you lift it could going against the case and stop doing it .
it seems like the psu or the case are the problem
I run some tests i entred a game and took off the psu out of the case while its working and the noise stops okey lets not say stop but reduced a lot ( i was holding it on my hand ) and when i put it back to its place on the case the vibration comes again !
another thing i tried putting a peace of paper under the case's leg the one under the psu and vibration reduced !
So i wanna know if that vibration can harm the psu ? ( not sure its the reason or the case )

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
with system off check if the case is 4 leg or one of them do not touch the desk also see if she is strait and not bend on the side like having a angle if you put the cpu on desk or book outside case without holding it does it vibrate .

Solution