Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Hello, I'm going to a buy a new gaming monitor soon, and after a lot of researches on buying a 1080p/ 24 Inch/ 144Hz/ IPS monitor, I came up with these 2 monitors:

AOC Monitor
and
ViewSonic Monitor
(Amazon.ae)

Both monitors feature:
  • 24 Inch
  • 144Hz
  • IPS
  • 1 ms
  • Built-In Speakers
  • And lastly, they both have the same price
I think the only difference is the ViewSonic has height adjustment and the AOC doesn't.

So what do you guys think which one I should buy?

Last edited:
Solution
can you please tell me which AOC model you have?

Hey there,

Yes, this is the model: AOC 24G2U 1080p FHD 144hz Freesync Premium (G-Sync Qualified) - 24G2U is the model number. I use it solely for gaming.

This is the link to it: AOC 24G2U/BK 23.8 inch monitor | AOC Monitors | AOC Monitors

Review: AOC 24G2 Review 2022: The Best Budget 144Hz Gaming Monitor (displayninja.com)

Also, for a budget gaming monitor it also comes with built in speakers (not great) but also a USB hub for more connectivity, and it works a treat.
Hey there,

Whilst I can't attest to the Viewsonic, I have the AOC, and I love it. It works flawlessly with G-sync and has just been Nvidia certified. Color is great right out of the boz, no ghosting as far as I can see. I typically play BFV on Ultra at about 170-180fps. Obviously the monitor is 144hz so won't display more than that. Only problem for me is that, now I need a 1440p monitor for my 3060ti. But with DLDSR, upscaling to that res works very well.

Edit: Mine is a different model actually, didn't notice it, but almost identical. Mine's the 24G2U.

Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Hey there,

Whilst I can't attest to the Viewsonic, I have the AOC, and I love it. It works flawlessly with G-sync and has just been Nvidia certified. Color is great right out of the boz, no ghosting as far as I can see. I typically play BFV on Ultra at about 170-180fps. Obviously the monitor is 144hz so won't display more than that. Only problem for me is that, now I need a 1440p monitor for my 3060ti. But with DLDSR, upscaling to that res works very well.

Edit: Mine is a different model actually, didn't notice it, but almost identical. Mine's the 24G2U.

Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
I have 3 Viewsonic monitors in my home office. They have been outstanding. If I was looking at the two models you provided, based on my experience with Viewsonic, that is the brand I would go with.
can you please tell me which viewsonic model you have? do you use it for gaming or only for office, because im planning to use it for gaming

Hey there,

Yes, this is the model: AOC 24G2U 1080p FHD 144hz Freesync Premium (G-Sync Qualified) - 24G2U is the model number. I use it solely for gaming.

This is the link to it: AOC 24G2U/BK 23.8 inch monitor | AOC Monitors | AOC Monitors

Review: AOC 24G2 Review 2022: The Best Budget 144Hz Gaming Monitor (displayninja.com)

Also, for a budget gaming monitor it also comes with built in speakers (not great) but also a USB hub for more connectivity, and it works a treat.

Last edited:
Solution