Voltage in liquid for water cooling

oz3050

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2004
38
0
18,530
0
So I was investigating a small leak in my system and got shocked when messing with the inlet to an aquarium pump im using. There's about 70vac where I got shocked and I measured some other connections for the lines and found more voltage all over the place, about 30vac all over the radiator. If I unplug the pump the voltage goes away. Is my pump charging the liquid? Is that even possible? Anyone else ever experienced this? It's supposed to be submersible and all that. Good thing I didn't use it for what it's intended to do, otherwise I'd probably have some dead fish.
 

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
353
0
18,790
3
It sounds like you have a short somewhere in the pump. I recommend either seeing if you can get an RMA for it or just replace it. Since the risk of something bad happening is fairly high in a situation like you have there.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS