Volume adjustment in partial clips in Adobe Premiere Eleme..

Hi there ...

Just picked up Adobe Premiere Elements 1.0 and I seem to be making
a LITTLE progress ...

Have figured out how to do fade in, fade out and how to put together
DVD menus.

Here's what's driving me nuts though ...

Is there any way to do an audio fade to match the video fade and/or
simply lop off the audio at the tail end of a clip during
a fade?

I have tried just about everything here but the only thing that seems
to happen when I try to change the audio levels is that it changes the
audio level for the ENTIRE clip.

Thanks!

Ax

Though I don't have Elements I would assume the program has many of the same
features as the other Premiere versions. Look for an arrowhead on the audio
track proper associated with your video track. When this arrowhead is
pointing to the right the is minimized. When the arrowhead is clicked to the
down position the track is maximized. Within the audio track you will see a
line going through the middle of the track. If you click on that line a
little anchor is added. There is another anchor at the end of the track
which can be grabbed and dragged to the bottom of the track. This lowers the
volume, and pulling it upward raises the volume. This is true of any anchor
you place anywhere on that line. By using this method you can raise and
lower the audio anywhere you want to one the timeline. This line/anchor
thing is called "rubber bands".

For instance, if you place an anchor 3 seconds from the end of the track and
then drag the end anchor to the bottom you have created a 3 second fade out.
Or if you place an anchor in the middle of the video somewhere, place
another at 1/2 second from that, another at 3 seconds after that, and then
finally another 1/2 second after the last one, you can grab the one's at the
1/2 second intervals and drag them down to 50%. This creates a 1/2 second
fade down to the 50% level and the a 1/2 second fade up to normal volume.

This and other fading options for titles and videos on the tracks above 1a &
1b are covered in your manual for the program. I know it seems like a pain
to have to take the time to read the manual to find out more about your
program, and it is easier to come here and ask a question for someone like
me to answer it - but do youself a favor and read it. You'll be happy you
did. How do you think I knew the answer to your question without owning
Premiere Elements? No offense intended. If you really are interested in
doing video editing on your computer then knowing how to make it work yields
the best output in the end.

Larry Johnson
Digital Video Solutions
webmaster@digitalvideosolutions.com