Question Want to buy second monitor but dont know if pc can handle it

Apr 13, 2019
I've recently been thinking about buying myself a second monitor, and I don't know if my PC can handle it. I want to play on my primary one and use the second one for normal use (videos, googling etc.).

My specs are:
Motherboard: MS-7A70
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 logical processors and 4 cores)
Graphics card: Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: 16 GB (HyperX)
Running Windows 10 Home on a AOC 144hz monitor.

And if I need to upgrade more than 1 thing to get this to work, please explain which I need to upgrade first and why there is GB in my graphicscard. And also some recommendations! I'm very subpar when it comes to computers.
What I usually play (if this helps determine what I need to upgrade to):
  • GTA V
  • CIV V
  • Rainbow Six Siege
  • Overwatch
  • CSGO
  • Other open world games (World of Warcraft etc)

Thanks!

Apr 13, 2019
You can run 2 monitors from the cpu integrated graphics if need be, a second monitor takes almost nothing to power.

Your gtx1060 is easily capable.

Any recommendations for displays that are cheap?
I am gonna use it for the basics youtube etc while playing. So it won't be neccassary to upgrade anything? I've seen people talk about the 1060 3GB version being bad at dual monitor setups.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I have a pc running dual monitors on a 3570k and gtx660ti. Whomever reported that there was issues with a 1060 3Gb and duals was so full of **** it's not worth mentioning again. You can easily run windows apps, net surf, 4k video even from any modern igpu, don't even need a dedicated gpu.

I like Asus, both my 24" 1080p are over 6 years old and yet to drop a single pixel. Flawless. Aoc uses the exact same panels and is sometimes cheaper.
Monitor: AOC - G2460VQ6 24.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz Monitor ($129.99 @ B&H)