aidfarrell70

Reputable
Mar 17, 2018
My system specs : rtx 2060, i5 8440, 16GB 266hz ram

I know my specs are only midrange however, I get an average of like 50fps sometimes 40 depending on the area; and this is with the lowest graphics possible (so my game looks like Roblox at this point). The mouse feels terrible also, making it unplayable.
My GPU drivers are all up to date, and I'm even playing with DLSS so I'm just wondering if my PC is just not good enough.?

My system specs : rtx 2060, i5 8440, 16GB 266hz ram

I know my specs are only midrange however, I get an average of like 50fps sometimes 40 depending on the area; and this is with the lowest graphics possible (so my game looks like Roblox at this point). The mouse feels terrible also, making it unplayable.
My GPU drivers are all up to date, and I'm even playing with DLSS so I'm just wondering if my PC is just not good enough.?
Go to C:\Documents\Call of Duty\players and open options.3.cod22.cst with notepad, find RendererWorkerCount and set it to your CPU core count or (example, 6 cores, then set the value to 5 or 6), then on the game with all the lowest graphic settings, turn off texture streaming + enable spot cache on high/ultra. this works on me, specs are on my signature.

Last edited:
On which screen resolution are you gaming, 1080p, 2K or 4K ? What about other PC games running on your current rig ? Do they also exhibit the same behavior like WARZONE 2 ? Which PSU model are you using ?

Have you also monitored the CPU and GPU's temp value while gaming ? But I know Low frames per second (FPS), stuttering, freezing, and crashing issues have been plaguing Warzone 2 since launch. Try playing Warzone 2 in Fullscreen Exclusive mode.

This game can default to the Fullscreen Borderless setting which can cause all manner of issues such as low FPS, input lag, and stuttering, so make sure you’re using Fullscreen Exclusive.

The DLSS usually performs well, but many crash and performance issues in Warzone 2 can be tied to DLSS. Try using AMD FSR. Changing the AMD FSR 1.0 upscaling technique from the Quality Graphics Settings seems to have helped some gamers. Also, ensure that the V Sync is disabled.

Also, when the Spot Cache value in the Graphics Settings and the Quality tab is set to low, it can sometimes cause Warzone 2 to stutter. Try setting the Spot Cache setting to High or Ultra, and check whether your issue has been resolved or not.

MW2-spot-cache-1024x576.jpg

You can also try running the game in DirectX 11 and check the performance. If that does not work, then try DirectX12. You can do this by using the Launch Option in Steam. You can use commands -d3d11, -dx11, and -dx12. Try all three and monitor the performance.

Disable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling from the Windows Settings. HAGS is causing a lot of stuttering and fps drop for players. This setting usually helps with these issues in other games, but in this case, the stuttering seems to be caused by it.

Lastly, you can also try to edit the game's config file. Here is what you need to do – Go to Documents > CallOfDuty > Players > options.3.cod22 and change RendererWorkerCount:0.0 = value.
  • Change the value of RendererWorkerCount to the number of your CPU’s physical cores. The number you enter should be half the number of threads on your CPU. Default value is 4. Then press Ctrl+S to save the changes. Now enter the game and test the improvement.

Last edited: