Oct 24, 2021
Hello guys, after 1.5 years I decided to upgrade my CPU from i7 9700k to i9 10850k. so, I bought this new CPU and also i bought a new motherboard in order to use the new CPU. Thus, I'm still waiting for it to arrive but was this motherboard a good choice to buy or not ?

The mobo model is "ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming (WiFi 6) Z490 LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) SFF Micro ATX Gaming Motherboard."

thank you.

Solution
Hard to say if the reviewers know what they are talking about or did a good installation to begin with. You also don't know the status of their other equipment and peripherals, what PSU they used, etc.

Check ASUS for the latest BIOS version, that will likely take care of any lingering issues, as for performance, not likely to be a significant issue. That again could be improper setup or not manually setting a few things. But I suspect mostly people thinking that 10th and 11th gen are much like 8th and 9th gen. Architecturally very similar, but Intel has pushed these architectures to the limit, so they are basically factory overclocked and use a lot of power. So cooling is extremely important. Anyone using the stock coolers is in for a...
Oct 24, 2021
It will work. What about it concerns you?

I was reading a few reviews about it on Amazon, and some people saying like the wifi is not working properly, also some of the USBs are coming some to burn their mices. I head that it has some bios issues that affected the performance of the rams and the cpu. I mean I have an asus z390 but I feel it was very good. But because of those reviews I start getting worried after ordering it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hard to say if the reviewers know what they are talking about or did a good installation to begin with. You also don't know the status of their other equipment and peripherals, what PSU they used, etc.

Check ASUS for the latest BIOS version, that will likely take care of any lingering issues, as for performance, not likely to be a significant issue. That again could be improper setup or not manually setting a few things. But I suspect mostly people thinking that 10th and 11th gen are much like 8th and 9th gen. Architecturally very similar, but Intel has pushed these architectures to the limit, so they are basically factory overclocked and use a lot of power. So cooling is extremely important. Anyone using the stock coolers is in for a rude awakening.

Even my 10900F with the power limits removed draws just under 200W, not even overclocked. Easily get 250W out of a 10850k if you try hard enough.

Solution
Oct 24, 2021

Check ASUS for the latest BIOS version, that will likely take care of any lingering issues, as for performance, not likely to be a significant issue. That again could be improper setup or not manually setting a few things. But I suspect mostly people thinking that 10th and 11th gen are much like 8th and 9th gen. Architecturally very similar, but Intel has pushed these architectures to the limit, so they are basically factory overclocked and use a lot of power. So cooling is extremely important. Anyone using the stock coolers is in for a rude awakening.

Even my 10900F with the power limits removed draws just under 200W, not even overclocked. Easily get 250W out of a 10850k if you try hard enough.

one last question, i have an EVGA 750w p2 platniom as my powersuply. dose this one get the job done for i9 10850k and rtx 3080?

thank you

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That will probably be okay. RTX3080 does overpower some 750W units, but a P2 is pretty high end. 350W TDP with spikes as high as 450W under some circumstances. As long as you aren't doing machine learning or bitcoin mining with 100% CPU and GPU usage, I think it will be alright.