raknor

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
Hey guys,

I would like your opinions on my water cooling loop layout.

Thanks

AdtHhNS.png

Solution
Would maybe suggest have radiators all exhausting.

Having all the radiators as exhaust means you are pulling air in from every crevice and gap, dust will build up in strange places.

You want to have an intake somewhere, and they should be filtered..

In this arrangement I would switch the typical rear exhaust to an intake after adding a dust filter. That way both radiators are being cooled with ambient air. One radiator will be getting completely outside air, the other will be heated slightly by the GPU and motherboard, but not that much since most heat will be leaving via the water.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Atypical, but should work. Kind of a reverse flow. As long as you use the proper inlet and outlet on each component. Double check that, you might have to cross things weirdly which can look bad.

More typical would be pump to top of the loop, down into the CPU, through the GPU, GPU to the second radiator, and then back to the pump.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Hopefully your case has more room than pictured because power supply is not shown.

Also, you will need to account for fitting offsets, radiator thickness and fans in terms of how much room you will have when it comes time to incorporate tubing bends as this can easily take more space than you might think.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Would maybe suggest have radiators all exhausting.

Having all the radiators as exhaust means you are pulling air in from every crevice and gap, dust will build up in strange places.

You want to have an intake somewhere, and they should be filtered..

In this arrangement I would switch the typical rear exhaust to an intake after adding a dust filter. That way both radiators are being cooled with ambient air. One radiator will be getting completely outside air, the other will be heated slightly by the GPU and motherboard, but not that much since most heat will be leaving via the water.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS