Question WD Blue SN550 1TB vs Kingston A2000 1TB (as secondary drive)

AJStyles

Reputable
May 23, 2017
I'm torn between these two.
Kingston is 4$ cheaper in my country which isn't much so basically same price.
I will using this as secondary drive to store games,movies, unity projects. My 2TB HDD died.So, I would prefer whichever is durable
Kingston one has DRAM.Will I see any benefit?
Any thoughts which one will be better?

Lutfij

Titan
I have a slight distaste towards Kingston drives since they make a lot of silent updates and tend to cherry pick their SSD samples before handing them out to reviewers for favorable reviews prior to the units being sold to the masses. I'd stick with WD(if it's between these two, in spite of the Kingston having a higher TBW number) or another brand. What are you options towards brands? Where are you located? Make and model of your motherboard and the primary storage drives? Some boards share lanes and disable ports, hence the question.

AJStyles

Reputable
May 23, 2017
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370xp SLI
Primary SSD: Samsung 970 evo plus
I couldn't find any other m2 nvme ssd in this price range.I don't think I would see any benefit in buying a Samsung SSD as I'm gonna use this as a secondary drive

Jan 16, 2022
I'm torn between these two.
Kingston is 4$ cheaper in my country which isn't much so basically same price.
I will using this as secondary drive to store games,movies, unity projects. My 2TB HDD died.So, I would prefer whichever is durable
Kingston one has DRAM.Will I see any benefit?
Any thoughts which one will be better?
Hello, Buy the Kingston A2000, it has a Dram Cache while the SN550 doesn't. It's a big enough difference for me to recommend the former, plus it's cheaper than the SN550 which is quite rare! Take it brother.