Question Webcam Works on desktop but not in browsers

lordas

Honorable
Apr 10, 2014
Hello ! Ive recently run into a problem that has kept me awake the past few nights
I have a Satellite C55-A-100 windows 10 64bit,
the camera app from the microsoft store detects my camera and works fine ,even the indicator led turns on .
But when I try to use the camera on the web for example on webcamtest sites, the camera is nowehere to be found,
tested In ,Edge,Chrome,Opera. Ive tried all of the suggested methods like editing the registry or uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, even in safe mode.
So here i am asking for any advice .

Browsers need to be given specific permission to use webcams. In Chrome go to Settings - Privacy and Security - Site settings - Camera/Microphone. You also have the Windows 10 Settings - Privacy - Camera/Microphone settings.
Also, I ran into a curious issue recently with laptop webcams. On some laptops, the camera and mic are considered one device. This has the practical effect of both camera and microphone needing to be enabled and allowed in all settings and browsers. Even if you only want to use one of them.

lordas

Honorable
Apr 10, 2014
Browsers need to be given specific permission to use webcams. In Chrome go to Settings - Privacy and Security - Site settings - Camera/Microphone. You also have the Windows 10 Settings - Privacy - Camera/Microphone settings.
Also, I ran into a curious issue recently with laptop webcams. On some laptops, the camera and mic are considered one device. This has the practical effect of both camera and microphone needing to be enabled and allowed in all settings and browsers. Even if you only want to use one of them.
Thank you for your reply, Sadly that doesnt solve the issue either

TRENDING THREADS