jba6511

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
i was playing around with the 32 bit enterprise edition and got an error message that has me stumped. When running vmware i received a 0x80070005 message that i needed elevate privileges. However, I am admin on both the virtual machine and in vista. Any ideas on what is causing this and how to resolve the issue?

Solution
Are you using the account named administrator? Or are you using another account, and that account have administrator rights?

A difference I noticed in Vista was that even if my user was in the administrators group, it didn't have enough privileges to install chipset drivers for example. So I deleted it and I'm only using the Administrator account itself, which has no restrictions like it was in XP.

In Win XP any account under the administrators group is at the top of the food chain. In Vista looks like the administrator user only has that right.

Try entering with the user named "Administrator" itself. The account may be disabled.

As usual, sorry for my english! (I think I'll make this my sig...)

The-Darkening

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Are you using the account named administrator? Or are you using another account, and that account have administrator rights?

A difference I noticed in Vista was that even if my user was in the administrators group, it didn't have enough privileges to install chipset drivers for example. So I deleted it and I'm only using the Administrator account itself, which has no restrictions like it was in XP.

In Win XP any account under the administrators group is at the top of the food chain. In Vista looks like the administrator user only has that right.

Try entering with the user named "Administrator" itself. The account may be disabled.

As usual, sorry for my english! (I think I'll make this my sig...)

Solution