Question weird power surge issues with pc any thoughts or help appreciated

Feb 3, 2023
sorry for the long description just want to be sure to give as much information as i can

my house just had a quick power surge which resulted in some issues with my pc. i have most of my devices including my pc plugged into a surge protector and when the power surged the entire house shut down for a moment with exception of my pc which was plugged into the surge protector. everything else plugged in had shut off and restarted fine but when i went to check my pc and turn my monitors on i noticed it was sitting on the reboot and select proper boot device screen without turning it on or anything so i first shut it down and went into my bios to see if either of my drives were being read but i only saw one (my hdd) listed and noticed that the bios settings had reset so i shut down the pc again to unplug my hdd that was still being read and tried again. on the second boot it showed my ssd but still wouldn’t boot and on the third trip into my bios it stopped reading it again. after that i thought maybe it was a cmos issue with the bios setting being reset so i shut my pc down and gave it a reset only to find that my pc completely stopped turning on after that. when i turn it on the fans all start spinning the lights come on but every two seconds or two the fans seem to tick almost like theyre restarting or stuck in some kind of loop. i havent messed around with it since out of fear of worsening the issue.

specs if they matter
ryzen 2200g
gigabyte b450m motherboard
2tb segate drive
500gb adata ssd
500w evga psu i believe its silver rated
and 8gbs of 2400mhz ram

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA have a number of PSU's in their portfolio, could you please pass on the model for your EVGA PSU? Also, how old is the unit? Gigabyte have a number of B450chipset motherboard's, could you pass on the exact model for the board? You might want to source(borrow, not buy) a PSU from a friend or neighbor to see if that revives your platform.

Feb 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA have a number of PSU's in their portfolio, could you please pass on the model for your EVGA PSU? Also, how old is the unit? Gigabyte have a number of B450chipset motherboard's, could you pass on the exact model for the board? You might want to source(borrow, not buy) a PSU from a friend or neighbor to see if that revives your platform.
sorry about that my motherboard model is a b450m ds3h and the psu doesnt have anything specific on its box its just evga 500w 80 plus certified both of which are around 3 years old now and unfortunately i dont have any spare parts mine or others i can use to troubleshoot my big worry would be a ssd or hdd issue or potentially just the most of if not all of the system having died

also tyty for the fast response and welcome