FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Hey, I recently build my pc, the specs are - i7 9700k, PSU VS650W and RTX 2070. The cooler I use for my CPU is Hyper Evo 212, the temperatures I get are not that great... idle 35C, regular usage 50-55C and when the load is heavy about 67-70C.
Any good recommendation for cooling the CPU. Also, I should mention that my case is a Carbide 200R.

I am thinking to go with: Noctua dh15s what do you think? will it improve the temps or should I stay with the Evo 212?

Solution
According to Corsair, your case can support CPU coolers up to 165mm height.

This means a Noctua NH-D15s with a 160mm height will fit. An NH-U12s would also cool well, fit in your case, and be cheaper.

Lutfij

Titan
That VS PSU shouldn't be anywhere near a system. What's your budget for the cooler is and where you'd like to purchase the cooler from? The other thing to note is perhaps list what your specs are in the case and if you have any additional fans in the 200R to help with airflow.

What are you ambient air temps?

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
That VS PSU shouldn't be anywhere near a system. What's your budget for the cooler is and where you'd like to purchase the cooler from? The other thing to note is perhaps list what your specs are in the case and if you have any additional fans in the 200R to help with airflow.

What are you ambient air temps?

oh why? the VS PSU is not good? the budget for the cooler is around 80-100€ but since my case is small i don't know what should i get. I was thinking about air-cooler since i am not planning to overclock the cpu. The ambient temp (in the room) is about 22-24C

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Corsair VS650 is not designed for high-end systems like yours. You would be better suited to an RMX650, TX650, or even a CX650.

What is your budget for a cooler? The Noctua will drop temps for sure as the H212 is a budget cooler.

OH MY GOD and they sold this PSU like it was the best for my build! omg is the build in danger? should i stop working on it until i change the psu?

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Mediocre.

It is an entry-level model and I recall Jon Gerow of Corsair basically saying they are designed for systems with igpus or entry-level GPUs. Your system is far past that.

You are putting the longevity of a $350 CPU and $500 gpu in the hands of a $60 PSU. Not a very balanced pairing.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2cMwrH/corsair-vs-650w-80-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020172-na

oh well, i see, it's actually the first time i build a pc on my own so.... i thought to cut some budget from PSU will be a good idea, imagine that the seller told me that the only diffrence with the TX series is that the tx series are semi-modular.... So tomorrow i will return the psu for a new one, is the
Corsair PSU TX Series 650 W 80+ Gold TX650M good enough?

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Corsair VS650 is not designed for high-end systems like yours. You would be better suited to an RMX650, TX650, or even a CX650.

What is your budget for a cooler? The Noctua will drop temps for sure as the H212 is a budget cooler.

my budget is around 80-100€... i was thinking for liquid cooler too but i am afraid with the idea that it will leak :( also now i am afraid of my psu lol

imagine that the seller told me that the only difference with the TX series is that the tx series are semi-modular
That seller either has little knowledge of PC parts or they were trying to mislead you.

The TX650m is semi-modular, but it is also more efficient and has a longer warranty compared to the VS650. Also, the TX650m uses a more modern design that handles the large transient loads of high-end hardware far better than the VS650.

The TX650M or a TX550m for that matter are a very good PSU and is a good choice. Liquid cooler leaks do happen, although very uncommon with modern AIOs.

The NHD15s is a good choice, however make sure it fits in your case

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Yea, that seller either has little knowledge if PC parts or they were trying to mislead you.

The TX is semi-modular, but it is also more efficient, has a longer warranty, and more modern design compared to the VS. That is just a few basic differences.

The TX650M is a very good PSU and is a good choice. Liquid cooler leaks do happen, although very uncommon with modern AIOs.'

but i think with a 650w PSU i can not add a liquid cooler, I should get a much better PSU right? but since i will not overclock i thought an air-cooler is a good idea.

Hey, I recently build my pc, the specs are - i7 9700k, PSU VS650W and RTX 2070. The cooler I use for my CPU is Hyper Evo 212, the temperatures I get are not that great... idle 35C, regular usage 50-55C and when the load is heavy about 67-70C.
Any good recommendation for cooling the CPU. Also, I should mention that my case is a Carbide 200R.

I am thinking to go with: Noctua dh15s what do you think? will it improve the temps or should I stay with the Evo 212?

If you want a good air cooler the relatively new Noctua NH-U12A is outstanding.