What could be causing my screen not to show up?

Dezurik

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
I recently just bought a computer, and a new Graphics card because apparently the last one wasn't supported by Windows 7.
My new card---
MSI R6570-MD1G/LP Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
My old card ( I think onboard, but not sure)--
Intel(R) Q965/963 Express Chipset Family
My computer--
Hp Compaq dc7700 Small Form Factor
My Power supply has a 240Watt max output
My monitor is an Acer X203H-VGA Cable, and i connected to the D-sub port, turned the computer on and everything was running just fine, but the monitor. It would either turn on and say no Input signal or something like that or when it turned on and the HP screen popped up the whole thing would be all blurry and the pixels are messed up.
So right away it may seem that the Power supply is the issue but could there be any other possiblities or is that really the problem?

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
VGA is going to produce a worse image than DVI or HDMI, which are about equal. If it is at all possible to eliminate the VGA altogether and DVI or HDMI, I would strongly recommend it.

Your 240 PSU is pretty low ... it is possible it cannot supply enough power to your video card though that seems highly unlikely.

Make sure you have the correct/current drivers installed. Your card really should be able to play games well at 1080p, so problems with basic display seem to point at perhaps a driver or cable problem.

Dezurik

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
The graphics card came with a CD for an afterburner program and other stuff like that but it wasn't working properly, one of the programs i went on gave me a blue screen/error and shutdown my computer. So than I went on the internet and downloaded 1 or 2 drivers that i thought were going to work for this graphics card. If you could help me find the right one that would be great