[SOLVED] What could cause my HDDs to die?

May 1, 2019
All my new hdds die in a month (My windows 10 just disappears and i can't install it no more , hdd is just not a boot option anymore,its gone . ) Recently bought a completely new one and it died the same day. All of them were TOSHIBA hdds.

What should i do? My PSU is very old and loud , but could it be any other part?

I appreciate any help . : )

Toshiba 1TB 7200rpm
Asus RX550 4GB
FX 6300
8 gb dual channel ram
MSI MS-7461 FX motherboard
Inter-Tech SL-500K 500W Psu

All the hdds did clicky rebooting noises.
The recenlty bought hdd doesnt even read my usb flash and doesn't allow to install windows on it.

Last edited:
Solution
How many USB devices are installed and what are they - if any beyond keyboard and mouse?

Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond to the failed boots.

There may be some resource conflict or a bad USB driver.

Another thought is a damaged USB port and a possible electrical short.

And, as has been mentioned, PSU. Not able to provide appropriate voltages and/or needed wattages.

At some threshold failure condition and just cannot get past the startup requirements when the system is cold.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Add some information regarding "die".

What error messages are being presented? Have you run any Toshiba diagnostic software on the HDDs?

Any noises from the drives? Any other computer problems?

May 1, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Add some information regarding "die".

What error messages are being presented? Have you run any Toshiba diagnostic software on the HDDs?

Any noises from the drives? Any other computer problems?
Actually there was a problem that my pc didn't boot up to windows on the first try but always did on second. I have read some threads and it said to try and turn the pc on without the usb devices plugged in ( mouse , keyboard etc.) and it did boot with no problem,but it never does with usb plugged in ,why ?

Ralston18

Titan
How many USB devices are installed and what are they - if any beyond keyboard and mouse?

Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond to the failed boots.

And, as has been mentioned, PSU. Not able to provide appropriate voltages and/or needed wattages.

At some threshold failure condition and just cannot get past the startup requirements when the system is cold.

Solution
May 1, 2019

I also have an wifi adapter plugged in. Im just going to return the hdd as i did always and get a new one , and replace this crappy psu and hope everything is going to be ok.