[SOLVED] What do I need to do to make this PC Vr ready? And is it even possible?

Solution
Yeah. That's a completely different story.
I'm seeing a Ryzen 5 1400 processor and an RX570 graphics card.

While still capable of running VR, you're going to want to upgrade the CPU, RAM and Graphics to run it well. I'd check around to see if you could install a 2nd Gen Ryzen 7 CPU and look to something like an GTX 1660 or RTX 2070 graphics card.

Look to my system specs (below) for what I'd consider to be the minimum for decent VR game play.

-Wolf sends
It's probably capable of VR just the way it is with that i5-8400 and GTX 1060. If you want to improve things, you could add a bigger graphics card like a GTX 1070, 1080, 1080 TI, 1660 TI, 2060, etc. and add another 8GB of system memory (RAM).

I'd also highly recommend adding an SSD for the operating system instead of running it off that slow mechanical hard drive.

Lutfij

Titan
You're going to have to get back to use with the sort of VR headset you want to pair with your prebuilt and the games/apps you want to tax the prebuilt with in the VR realm? Off the top of my head, you're going to have to up the ram, then

Wolfshadw

Titan
Your system is currently ok for VR, but the first thing I'd upgrade is the RAM. Then I would consider a graphics card upgrade and then, finally and only if I had the funds to spare, a new 7th Gen Core I7 processor.

-Wolf sends

P.S. When I say "funds to spare", I mean either use it to buy a new processor or throw it in the fireplace.

May 24, 2019
After a little more research, I found my actual computer model. That flex pay website no longer sold the one I had bought so here are the updated Specs:

Dell Inspiron Gaming Desktop

I also had the chance to run SteamVr Preformance Test on it and it recommended updating my GPU. The quality of the test started off very high before steeply decreasing to low and staying there.

Is it even worth it to try and upgrade this computer at this point, I have a lot of upcoming free time this summer so maybe I should just invest funds into building? Thoughts and advice?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yeah. That's a completely different story.
I'm seeing a Ryzen 5 1400 processor and an RX570 graphics card.

While still capable of running VR, you're going to want to upgrade the CPU, RAM and Graphics to run it well. I'd check around to see if you could install a 2nd Gen Ryzen 7 CPU and look to something like an GTX 1660 or RTX 2070 graphics card.

Look to my system specs (below) for what I'd consider to be the minimum for decent VR game play.

-Wolf sends

Solution