[SOLVED] What do you think of this build?

lucasdepalma

Honorable
Apr 5, 2014
Hi! I'm about to buy a second hand PC. I've checked out YouTube videos and this PC can run games like Red Dead Redemption 2 at 40-60 fps, and that's basically all I'm aiming for - running video games above 30fps at 1080p.

MOBO: ECS H110M4-C23 SOCKET 1151
CPU: Intel Core i3 7100 3.40mhz
RAM: 8GB DDR4 TeamGroup 2400mhz
GPU: Sapphire RX 550 4gb GDDR5
SSD: 120GB
HDD: 1TB
PSU: LNZ 550W
CASE: Sentey RGB x10

I thank you all in advance for any recommendation you can provide!

Solution
Lnz is garbage. Looking up the stats for a 650w, it's got 36A on the 12v rail. That's only 430w ish. It's old group regulated and severely underpowered, getting a good chunk of its 650w claim from the 27A on each of the minor rails. The 550w will be the same as the 650w, but even lower standards, with 12v around 350w at best.

I'd not trust it to power anything for long.

The rest is fine, pretty well balanced.
Everything looks fine to me, there aren't any bottlenecks and although the PSU seems good enough, I would recommend a better brand like corsair, not sure how good of a brand LNZ is but you'll be better off with a CX500 or equivalent from a better brand.
If you can tell me how much are the prices of the CPU/Mobo you are buying, I should be able to help you out with other options possibly better. I'm not sure how much the i3 7100 is costing you right now but if it's anything near $100 then you should look for something else.

Reactions: lucasdepalma

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Lnz is garbage. Looking up the stats for a 650w, it's got 36A on the 12v rail. That's only 430w ish. It's old group regulated and severely underpowered, getting a good chunk of its 650w claim from the 27A on each of the minor rails. The 550w will be the same as the 650w, but even lower standards, with 12v around 350w at best.

Reactions: lucasdepalma
Solution

lucasdepalma

Honorable
Apr 5, 2014
Everything looks fine to me, there aren't any bottlenecks and although the PSU seems good enough, I would recommend a better brand like corsair, not sure how good of a brand LNZ is but you'll be better off with a CX500 or equivalent from a better brand.
If you can tell me how much are the prices of the CPU/Mobo you are buying, I should be able to help you out with other options possibly better. I'm not sure how much the i3 7100 is costing you right now but if it's anything near $100 then you should look for something else.
First of all, thank you very, very much for your reply. Thing is, I live in Argentina. It's quite difficult to explain why buying this type of stuff here is so complicated!
I'll probably get rid of the PSU and get a better brand.
Again, I can't thank you enough 🙏

lucasdepalma

Honorable
Apr 5, 2014

I figured that the PSU is a no-go. Thanks for confirming it! I'll toss it away and get a better one.
Thank you very much for your help! 😁

Reactions: Tioym

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Riotoro has some decent stuff down there, the Enigma G2 is a Seasonic partnership, there's always Corsair RM, TXM or even a CX (not M) is decent, the black/gray lettering, not the green/white. A decent 450w is more than you need for that combo, but future expansion to an i5 or i7 or even a slight upgrade in gpu might warrant a decent 550w. A decent psu will be good for 5-10 years easily, so you can plan for future somewhat and not have to replace it if it's oversized.

Emphasis on decent. Much better served spending a little extra that'll last, than trying to save a $ or 3 and getting something you'd not trust to last 5 years.