Aug 30, 2019
Hey guys , I have a question about the appropriate GPU for the monitor that I will buy, the display resolution is 1080p and 144Hz and 24 inch and the delay time is 1ms .. And before me to choose between RTX 2060 and RTX 2060 Super .. The difference between "MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z" and "Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming OC" Just $ 50 * for Egypt * .. I want something that will last for many years and be suitable for the type of screen, do not be overkill it.

Solution
The 2060 is still really powerfull and prettu efficient. The 3600 should be great for 144hz aswell.
If it is available readily, go for it!

Btw, what psu are you using? A solid 550w would be a good place to start.
Aug 30, 2019
Hey guys , I have a question about the appropriate GPU for the monitor that I will buy, the display resolution is 1080p and 144Hz and 24 inch and the delay time is 1ms .. And before me to choose between RTX 2060 and RTX 2060 Super .. The difference between "MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z" and "Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming OC" Just $ 50 * for Egypt * .. I want something that will last for many years and be suitable for the type of screen, do not be overkill it.

Aug 30, 2019
144Hz is not to be underestimated. If 2060super is the maximum you can afford then get that.

What cpu do you have? Keep in mind, the cpu also plays a role in supplying frames to the gpu so expect some heightened usage.
My cpu is ryzen 5 3600 .. and many people are taking the same cpu with rtx 2060 or 2060 super

Aug 30, 2019
The 2060 super is good for 144hz 1080p today, but may not be great for a while from now.

Have you concidered a twin fan rx5700xt. It should be priced around a 2060 super while offereing performance inbetween a 2070 and 2080.
I know that rx 5700 series is the best thing in terms of performance and FPS .. but the problem is that nvidia has ray tracing and will be supported by most games soon, I want GPU for the future and not to change it almost every two years .. I know that the FPS when running RTX is bad Very, not all games currently support rtx .. But nvidia said earlier that the number of frames when running rtx will soon be the same frames when stopped and most games - as I said earlier - will support this technology.
I do not see the new RX 5700 offers only the performance unfortunately, just not.

I know that rx 5700 series is the best thing in terms of performance and FPS .. but the problem is that nvidia has ray tracing and will be supported by most games soon, I want GPU for the future and not to change it almost every two years .. I know that the FPS when running RTX is bad Very, not all games currently support rtx .. But nvidia said earlier that the number of frames when running rtx will soon be the same frames when stopped and most games - as I said earlier - will support this technology.
I do not see the new RX 5700 offers only the performance unfortunately, just not.
Nvidia can say what they want, but none of it has turned out to be true.

It has been almost a year since rtx launched and still performance sucks and virtually no games support rtx.

By the time there are plenty of games suporting rtx, a 2060 and 2060 super will be long obsolete and incapable of running titles with rtx on.

The 2060 in current titles gets like 40fps with 1080p high with rtx on. Certainly not whats needed to power a 144hz monitor.

Reactions: Mohos
Aug 30, 2019
2060 super is a better idea, but ideally you would want a 5700xt as it costs the same and has a little more horsepower.

Remember, 144hz is going to be more than 2 times as hard to run as 60hz.
unfortunately, but AMD didn't offer anything new regarding any new technology .. the really cool is its performance and its very cheap price.
But without anything new, I can continue with me in the future like RTX.
Also it seems that the RX 5700 series has no buying and selling in my country .. We have not yet found anyone selling the referrence card only one shop in the whole country about a month ago! While everyone waited for the super cards to be released.
All factors are not optional.

Aug 30, 2019
Nvidia can say what they want, but none of it has turned out to be true.

It has been almost a year since rtx launched and still performance sucks and virtually no games support rtx.

By the time there are plenty of games suporting rtx, a 2060 and 2060 super will be long obsolete and incapable of running titles with rtx on.

The 2060 in current titles gets like 40fps with 1080p high with rtx on. Certainly not whats needed to power a 144hz monitor.
Your words do make sense .. But the problem in the factors that I talked about previously.

Aug 30, 2019
The 2060 is still really powerfull and prettu efficient. The 3600 should be great for 144hz aswell.
If it is available readily, go for it!

Btw, what psu are you using? A solid 550w would be a good place to start.
- I'm going to buy psu 600w 80+ gold - because electricity prices in my country have become very expensive, so I'm trying to save a little bit of electricity -

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

TRENDING THREADS