Question What is the best SATA adaptor for MZMPC128HBFU M.2 SSD drive?

Moribund

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
I have a few M.2 SSDs in different volumes. 128 Gb is the smallest volume I have. There are a number of adaptors being sold on Amazon to adapt M.2 for desktop's SATA cables. What are the best ones, preferably not too expensive, without loss of speed. Please post some links. Doesn't have to be Amazon, Ebay, NewEgg or any large supplier is fine. Thank you.

MZMPC128HBFU is msata drive. You will need msata to sata adapter.

sat32msat257.main.jpg

https://www.startech.com/uk/HDD/Adapters/mSATA-SSD-to-25in-SATA-Adapter-Converter~SAT32MSAT257

Moribund

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
Yes, I know that. I looked at literally hundreds of mSATA to SATA. There are many different ones. Some of them state there is no loss of speed/performance, others do not explicitly state that. Some of them cost $10, others, in excess of $30. Is there any difference between them? Anything in particular I should look for?

That is very simple adapter. There should be no performance differences between them.

Get an adapter, that can be installed into 2.5" drive bay. There are adapters, that don't fit anywhere and it would just hang in mid-air attached to cables (unless you glue it somewhere with double-sided tape).

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I know that. I looked at literally hundreds of mSATA to SATA. There are many different ones. Some of them state there is no loss of speed/performance, others do not explicitly state that. Some of them cost $10, others, in excess of $30. Is there any difference between them? Anything in particular I should look for?
Wait, in the first post you state M.2, but yet now you state you know that you need a SATA to mSATA adapter, not an SATA to M.2 adapter. Which one do you need? Also, price doesn’t matter. Most $5-$10 adapters will give full speeds, it’s simple tracing.

For mSATA I use this and get full speeds:
https://www.amazon.com/Syba-mSATA-2...60772843&s=gateway&sprefix=sata+to+msa&sr=8-6

Moribund

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
I need MSata These are Samsung's MLC MSata form factor drives. Sorry, I screwed that one up. I already bought an adaptor for my M.2 SATA drive. It's just you have some MSata 2.5 drive bay adaptors for $12 USD and then some that are above $30. I thought there must be some functional difference to justify such a large difference in price.