[SOLVED] What is the purpose of black film on motherboard??????

Nikhilniks

Prominent
Apr 6, 2021
No, to prevent the heatsink's copper heatpipe from shorting out the circuitry on the board.
No, no
I am not saying about the film on the heatsink
I am saying about the film on the other part of motherboard as you can see on that picture (bounded by red border). Also the films over the DIMM slot was there.

No, no
I am not saying about the film on the heatsink
I am saying about the film on the other part of motherboard as you can see on that picture (bounded by red border). Also the films over the DIMM slot was there.
Hes right, its electrical insulation to prevent parts of the board shorting out against other components, the heatsink being one of them, but also could just be the housing of the laptop.

Nikhilniks

Prominent
Apr 6, 2021
Hes right, its electrical insulation to prevent parts of the board shorting out against other components, the heatsink being one of them, but also could just be the housing of the laptop.
Ok
Isn't it heats up the components more (like capacitors, resistors)??? Bcoz heat will be trapped inside by those films.

Not likely, not only does it transfer heat fairly well given its thickness, but those components dont generate enough heat to matter.
I assure you, the engineers who designed these products generally put thought into what they do. If it were bad or and issue it never would have passed the testing phase.