Question What Mobo would be best for my build?

Mar 4, 2019
Just looking for some suggestions for my motherboard, similar to the "Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming". A small surge fried the connector to the PSU. For the life of me I cannot find one in the UK, most sites will link me to Amazon or somewhere similar where it's out of stock, always. Unsure if it's discontinued or something? I can find it in the US, but I'd prefer not to spend $200+ overall including shipping (same brand or not, not too fussed with Gigabyte's software).
Here are my current specs;

GPU: 8GB GTX 1080
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700k (4.2ghz)
PSU: Corsair 650W
RAM: Corsair 32GB Ram (2 x 16gb)

Somewhere around £150 to £200 is my budget. I'm unsure with motherboards and don't want to buy something wrong and mess up my build. Don't want something too weak or too powerful? Also if one can be suggested where I don't need to update the BIOS too? If someone could also suggest some sort of surge protector too, that would be amazing.

I've been stuck on this for months, so any help will be much appreciated!

Mar 4, 2019
You can look into any Z270 chipset board. It's only when you'd be getting a Z170 chipset board that a BIOS update would be necessary. Preferred site for purchase? Amazon.co.uk? What of form factor, would you be willing to go down to matx or mitx?

Ah, great! I don't personally have a preferred site of choice! As long as it's in stock.
The previous motherboard was ATX, unsure if I'll go down the SLI route, so I'm open to suggestions!

The one you linked is quite expensive, anything possibly under £200?

Mar 4, 2019
Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS