[SOLVED] What screwdriver type i need to remove this m.2 drive screw on motherboard?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
those are the standoffs for the screw to mount into. there are 4 different length SSDs that fit into the M.2 slots. each slot corresponds to a different length/type.
the screws that mount in there should be standard philips screws. I cannot see a screw in any of the pictures leading me to think the standoff is empty.

img_5981513520cf6.jpg.pagespeed.ce.mygI0RslfQ.jpg

the last two numbers of the screw label on your board indicates the length of the card, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm, etc.

puria101

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
those are the standoffs for the screw to mount into. there are 4 different length SSDs that fit into the M.2 slots. each slot corresponds to a different length/type.
the screws that mount in there should be standard philips screws. I cannot see a screw in any of the pictures leading me to think the standoff is empty.

img_5981513520cf6.jpg.pagespeed.ce.mygI0RslfQ.jpg

the last two numbers of the screw label on your board indicates the length of the card, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm, etc.
Oh so they ate just stand offs, so i just insert an m.2 into the hex?

puria101

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
https://www.amazon.com/GutsParker-M-2-Standoff-Screw-Drives/dp/B06XBG1783
the reviews here show what it looks like with no standoff. wrong, and with a standoff.
some board come with an M.2 heatsink and have a standfoff pre-installed. your board needs a standoff to fully secure the drive.

Standoff - seat the drive - secure with screw
Thanks for this, i managed to find a stand off and m.2 screw that came with motherboard i just installed it now thanks for your help