[SOLVED] What should I upgrade next?

Len8888

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
Hey fellow builders, so I've got this setup and I'd like to hear suggestions about what to upgrade next, keeping in mind that I'll surely be getting 8 more GB of RAM, should I get a better CPU or a motherboard?

Case: CoolerMaster Masterbox Lite 3.1 TG
PSU: Corsair CX450M V2
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 8GB DDR4-3000MHz
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3'5" SATA III
GPU: Palit GeForce GTX1050 Ti 4GB Dual OC
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB

I've seen some reviews and had Ryzen 5 3600 on my mind but I'm not quite sure about the motherboard compatibility and BIOS stuff (if you care to explain).
If you suggest a CPU, I'd like to listen suggestions about a new motherboard too, for future upgrades. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hey fellow builders, so I've got this setup and I'd like to hear suggestions about what to upgrade next, keeping in mind that I'll surely be getting 8 more GB of RAM, should I get a better CPU or a motherboard?

I've seen some reviews and had Ryzen 5 3600 on my mind but I'm not quite sure about the motherboard compatibility and BIOS stuff (if you care to explain).
If you suggest a CPU, I'd like to listen suggestions about a new motherboard too, for future...

If you suggest a CPU, I'd like to listen suggestions about a new motherboard too, for future upgrades. Thanks in advance!
For now all you need is to flash appropriate BIOS version to use R5 3600(x). Memory, specially if it's one stick is just to little and slow nowadays, 2x8GB of 3200-3600MHz would do wonders. (much faster in dual channel).
For any better graphic card you will need new and more powerful PSU.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution