[SOLVED] What the best ATX computer chassis for my upcoming Ryzen 7 3700X (8 Cores/16 Threads - TDP:65W) setup?

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
What the best ATX Form Factor Case for my upcoming Ryzen 7 3700X Setup?

Price ranges from $25 to $100 USD (AMAZON and Newegg Only - No Microcenter)
Form Factor: ATX

Cable Management Difficulty: Easy

Last edited:
Solution
Newer cpus don't require more cooling. One of the hottest running cpus of all time was the Pentium 4, any of the extreme series of c2q, any of the 140 HEDT cpus, the amd fx 9 series cpus etc. What requires more cooling is you. Ppl are finally getting around to knowing that cpus under 70° (the lower the better) are best. For years, ppl didn't care, coolers were mostly an afterthought. Now, cool and quiet is king.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
I really like Fractal Design Meshify C.https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Y6...hify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-tg
Costs about $90

The Meshify C manages great looks without any RGB since it features a tempered glass side panel and front mesh. This case can come with a darkened or lighter side panel. The case also comes in black or white and black colors. The mesh front also allows for amazing airflow as intake fans are not choked for air, unlike many other cases. This case also can support an insane amount of fans through it's many filtered intakes and exhausts.

The case comes with tons of cable management points and rubber grommets for cables to run through, cleaning up the whole look of the inside of the case.

The case has nice features like front panel USB 3 and good sound dampening.

Reactions: Karadjgne

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
I really like Fractal Design Meshify C.https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Y6...hify-c-atx-mid-tower-case-fd-ca-mesh-c-bko-tg
Costs about $90

The Meshify C manages great looks without any RGB since it features a tempered glass side panel and front mesh. This case can come with a darkened or lighter side panel. The case also comes in black or white and black colors. The mesh front also allows for amazing airflow as intake fans are not choked for air, unlike many other cases. This case also can support an insane amount of fans through it's many filtered intakes and exhausts.

The case comes with tons of cable management points and rubber grommets for cables to run through, cleaning up the whole look of the inside of the case.

The case has nice features like front panel USB 3 and good sound dampening.
Any cheaper one if there any?

As long Cable Management is easy to figure out it will alloud w me give better entry for airflow for computer parts.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
I also like the NZXT H500 https://pcpartpicker.com/product/p8x2FT/nzxt-h500-black-atx-mid-tower-case-ca-h500b-b1
A lot of cable management points and a large side window. Simple but clean black look. USB 3 on front panel.
Airflow is pretty decent.

A little cheaper: NZXT S340 https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Vpdqqs/nzxt-case-cas340ww1
Decent cable management with a good amount of points. Decent size side window with multiple dust filters and front panel USB 3.
Airflow is pretty decent.
My Computer Room has a build in rug on most floor so i cant use the bottom vent of the case. Only place without rug are Bathroom and Kitchen and Living room.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Im not sure about the h500, but the meshify and s340 have dust filters on the bottom of the case preventing any debris from entering the psu.

Depending on the case, mounting the psu wrong side up may cook it if there isnt proper ventilation.
I pretty sure case these days will not even make that happen. You must put it upwards if you have like a rug on the floor.

The s340 will cook the psu. There are no vents on the top of the psu cage where the 2.5 drive trays are, so the psu cant exhaust.

Could look for a case with no psu cage where you can mount the psu upside down.
Could also look for a case with a top mounted psu.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
The s340 will cook the psu. There are no vents on the top of the psu cage where the 2.5 drive trays are, so the psu cant exhaust.

Could look for a case with no psu cage where you can mount the psu upside down.
Could also look for a case with a top mounted psu.
Not all the PSU mounting on the bottom in case these day and PSU can be mounted upwards if something like Rug is in the way on letting derbis in and damaging PSU.

Buddy, i hate to break it too you, but you are wrong. While some cases with a bottom mounted psu may allow you to face the fan upwards, it doesnt make sense so the s340 doesnt allow this.
The fan up would make the psu blow hot air directly up on your video card and not actually exhaust the air.

I have an nzxt s340 hosting my main pc, so i know its ins and outs. The only venting on the cage directly on top of the psu is the tiny holes drilled for 2.5 in drives. The psu is not intended to face up, so there is not path for the air other than the vents by the front of the cage, blocked by the hard drive bays.

Btw, we all can read your messages without the unneeded large font.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Buddy, i hate to break it too you, but you are wrong. While some cases with a bottom mounted psu may allow you to face the fan upwards, it doesnt make sense so the s340 doesnt allow this.
The fan up would make the psu blow hot air directly up on your video card and not actually exhaust the air.

I have an nzxt s340 hosting my main pc, so i know its ins and outs. The only venting on the cage directly on top of the psu is the tiny holes drilled for 2.5 in drives. The psu is not intended to face up, so there is not path for the air other than the vents by the front of the cage, blocked by the hard drive bays.

Yea not getting S340 anyways...i currently have NZXT Source 210 Black
large_cf85f897f936723e.png

PSU EVGA 600W is facing upwards due to the rug being under it.

Well, the 3700x comes with the wraith prism same as the 2700x. Since the 3700x has a 40w lower tdp than the 2700x, the cooler shoild be quieter than the already quiet 2700x
The wraith prism's fan generates a pretty low tone and perceivably pretty quiet even with max fan speed because of this.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
Well, the 3700x comes with the wraith prism same as the 2700x. Since the 3700x has a 40w lower tdp than the 2700x, the cooler shoild be quieter than the already quiet 2700x
The wraith prism's fan generates a pretty low tone and perceivably pretty quiet even with max fan speed because of this.
I do not want RGB on from the wraith prism' it will make the case look bad and make my power cost few more cents. Possible to not have light enabled?