What video card ?

G

I am looking to put a couple of new components in my PC. I have decided on an Athlon 800, Asus A7V and 128 SDRAM. Next I have to choose a video card. I am of course on a budget so the new ATI's are out of the question. I won't lie... I am upgrading to take advantage of some of the newer games out. What card should I be looking at? I have tried to read the reviews on various sites but they seem vague at best.

Thanks

P.S. Sorry for the double post in TV\Video cards.. My bad :eek:)

Go for the Radeon 32MB card. Has super speed, much better picture quality then geforce could ever be. Radeon cheaper then the geforce 2 GTS cards and are just as fast.

32MB of powerful double data rate (DDR) memory, ATI Charisma Engine, and Pixel Tapestry technologies $ 149
-Found at www.pricewatch.com

so check'em out... you can get the geforce2 MX card for the same price. I recommend www.egghead.com as your vendor. Free shipping right now.

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hmm... don't know if I'd quite agree with that... I'm buying a Radeon now, but only because I want the All-in-one version and want to use TV etc.
If I wanted just to play games, I'd probably go for Geforce2... but that's just personal opinion... you're not likely to go wrong either way -- raw speed of Geforce2 at lower resolutions/colours, or somewhat better subjective quality of Radeon and speed and higher resolutions/colours...

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Browse the GeForce 2s. For a cheaper solution, try the GeForce MXs.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

ya, i have that card. It's really nice! :)

Trust me! the picture quality is awsome. And it is really fast. can you say quake2 at like 1124x800 or some crazy resolution and it ran flawlessly! must i mention i also had FSAA enabled! Ran perfect and it looked so awsome!

TRENDING THREADS