Discussion What's the oldest part in your current system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam1998

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2015
What part of your PC is the oldest? Of course, this only applies to people who have transferred parts between systems or upgraded theirs with newer parts over time.

For me, I have a HDD that's about 7 years old. I hardly use it and if it died, it's all backed up. I only keep it as an easy to access secondary backup and because my files are so unorganised that I still pull images off it, kinda muscle memory as they've always been on that drive.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Mines an oddball, everything is roughly the same age, 7 years old. Except the software, most of that is either 2-5 years old or goes all the way back to 2000 or so original releases. Even have the original Arena Scrolls on 3½" disks. Don't ask why, haven't had a floppy drive in years....

dat789

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
Harddisks will be the oldest part in my current set up. One has been with me since 2004! It's still working but has been demoted from primary drive to a backup one.

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I am building a rig from all the old hardware I have laying at home now, see this recent post of mine. That one's gonna have some old parts in it for sure :)

As for the build in my signature, I do have a 250GB WD 2,5"HDD in there that was made 9 years ago.
Reason? I had my old torrents and game saves on this drive from my old PC, put it in this one so that I can install them when I feel like it, and never felt the urge to pull it out since then. It still shows 100% condition in HDSentinel, and I still store many installers and such on it, I don't even know why. Like I became attached to it or something. I even used this as a primary drive at one point when it was brand new, in my first gaming rig. i3-2100, 8GB RAM, GTX 460... good old days :D

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
My keyboard. An old Microsoft Natural keyboard. Then my mouse. A Logitech MX500.

Oh, so peripherals count, too?

Well, I do have a Microsoft Sidewinder X3 mouse! Don't remember when exactly I got it, but I didn't even have a gamer PC back then, and I got my first gaming rig in 2012.
I had to repair the scroll wheel once, but never had any other problem, still as new! I did replace it with a Steelseries Sensei RAW last year, but now that I'll have that other rig I mentioned in the previous comment, it will be used for that again. Why not, still a nice mouse.

kanewolf

Titan
Oh, so peripherals count, too?

Well, I do have a Microsoft Sidewinder X3 mouse! Don't remember when exactly I got it, but I didn't even have a gamer PC back then, and I got my first gaming rig in 2012.
I had to repair the scroll wheel once, but never had any other problem, still as new! I did replace it with a Steelseries Sensei RAW last year, but now that I'll have that other rig I mentioned in the previous comment, it will be used for that again. Why not, still a nice mouse.
I consider the mouse and keyboard to be part of the "system" . They have been connected to 3 or 4 different case/CPU combos.

Reactions: ProgamerIV
Sep 26, 2020
I still have my old hard drive from 2009 because as long as i didn't need to get rid of it, why bother?
I also still have my 850w power supply from 2009. I told myself I'd do SLI/Crossfire but.... you know... money.

Everything else is from 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.