Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I'm a completionist. I see every nook and corner of the game till I get bored or annoyed. There are quite a few missable quests in Witcher 3. You missed the quests and you missed the bugs. The majority thinks that there are no bugs in Witcher 3. It also goes along with the point I stated before "The developers intends that the player completes the main story first then goes on with optional quests.". All in all Witcher 3 is slightly overrated. It's a good game but not a great game. The praise for the game comes from other factors like no DRM and free DLCs and nudity, etc.

I don't think it's overrated one bit. It deserves all the praise and scores it got, IMO.

I suppose it was a blunder on their part.
I'm seeing that the quest can still be finished towards the end. The quest just seems to remain active.
You shouldn't generalize that the devs intended to complete the main quests first before the side quests, based on just this one over a sea of others. As far as I know, I completed nearly all the side quests, contracts, '?' (except in Skellige, there were too much of those) before the main quest. I never played gwent as I wasn't really interested, so I skipped those. Apart from that, all the others I finished.

A pet peeve of mine is games that have missions which have to be done in a certain order to avoid missing some, esp if they are open world games. That's not really "open" to me.

I had that problem with one of the ME games, ME3 I think. Good game though, except for the many fetch quest errands to build military strength, and of course the ending that didn't really live up to expectations as far as character/story tie-ins with the previous titles.

Some of the DLC they came out with was outstanding, though Citadel didn't really solve the loose ending, and the boss fight at the end was very annoying.

D

Deleted member 217926

The Citadel DLC is the best DLC in the history of DLC! :lol: No other game franchise has ever done anything like it and I enjoyed every minute of it. Grunt drunk in the shower still gives me the giggles.

Mercian

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2014

I could not get into Mass Effect. Best three DLCs for me would be Dragonborn for Skyrim, Shivering Isles for Oblivion and Awakening for DAO. Old World Blues for FNV was also very good. The two DAI DLC have been disappointing for me, especially The Descent. Lets hope Trespasser is as good as the trailer suggests.

I enjoyed it a lot too. The only problem is, if you choose a class that makes clone Shepard strong, the boss fight at the end is nearly unplayable on the higher difficulty modes, esp Insane. He tends to be able to one shot kill you a lot.

The Citadel get together itself is a nice send off and all, it's just that it doesn't really make up for the game never really giving you resolve with certain choices you made in the prior two titles. It's like a one size fits all bandaid attempt to fix the very loose character tie-ins.

When you go to the extent of saying "No other game franchise has ever done anything like it"... keep in mind it only exists in the first place because of the barrage of complaints about the botched ending, and it doesn't entirely give back what that took away.

This is why I don't see it as Bioware going above and beyond what others have done, because they should have written the ending better in the first place, and certainly more cohesively. Even with Citadel and Extended Cut, there are still a lot of huge holes.

ME was a sophisticated enough series to deserve your choices throughout playing out differently in 3 distinct ways over an entire end mission, vs just 3 slightly changed color coded cutscenes. I only hope they've learned by now and will redeem themselves with what follows.

chuffingknutt

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
I have all the modern cod's except for ghosts and I'm back to the start with black ops two thanks to my wife. 3/4 of the way through she's chattering away when I have my head phones on so I hit pause to see what the hell she's going on about. yeah whatever back to my game except I hit new game instead of resume and didn't have my saves uploaded to the steam cloud. If the saves were on the comp I couldn't find them. Silent scream. I had other games to finish. All done and now back to black ops two out of sequence in my gaming portfolio. I completed advanced warfare and battlefield 3+4 before getting back onto black ops 2. I'm halfway through now plus playing battlefield hardline which I can't really can't get into. Hardline is actually boring me.

johnmartin01

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Hello Guys,
MARIO is the most favorite video game of mine up-till now. I played various video games like bingo, etc..but Mario is the only game which I can play for so many hours and enjoy a lot. It has amazing stages and every time I play it, I become more excited and enjoyable like crazy!!
Happy Gaming..
John

I've been playing MSGV Ground Zeroes the last couple days. Not bad, but not much there either. Funny how it has disposable suppressors, but hey, every stealth game seems to have it's quirks to keep you from exploiting the easy tools, right?

I guess it's given me enough confidence to get The Phantom Pain, despite all the complaints I've read about KB/M controls, which may have been fixed via patching from the sound of it.

I'm anxious to see this type of gameplay in a bigger map with more gadgets. It has the type of tactical planning I find immersive. I'm just not sure I want to pay a lot for it.

I don't see any issues with the KB/M controls in MGSV. Only gripe i have that there isn't a separate key for sticking and taking cover behind a wall. And sometimes it just doesn't work with some walls. Disposable suppressor thing was new for me as well. But there is an unlimited suppressor upgrade item late in game. Enjoying the game so far till now.

tech-wreck

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
yeah, that's probably what I meant...
and it's by EA, the masters of recycling. "i have an idea, let's wheel out the same old crap with a new cover picture and a slightly different title." ... "you mean like we do every year with the fifa franchise?" ... "yeah, our customers will nag their parents into buying it anyway."

4 ... profit

Some have said you can't walk on KB, did they patch that? I agree totally on the cover point. It's not only annoying that many objects don't let you do an auto corner cover for silent non weapon takedowns, it's made even worse by the movement being a bit awkward.

On occasions I've been spotted trying to quickly line up on the corner of an object as Snake fumbles trying to attach to it. Despite many complaining about them, control activated snap-to cover systems are always more consistent.

I was quite surprised that you cannot use Jeeps for cover in Ground Zeroes.

Yeah you can walk. The amount of detail and funny moments the game has is too good. Like you can upgrade the iDroid (device that shows you the map, etc) to have a speaker. And if you have 'Afghan lullaby' in your music library you can play it to make nearby enemies sleep.

Lol. I've heard of another. If you were spotted and decided to hide inside a toilet, and if you played a recording of some guy with bowel movement problems (where he moans and makes loads of noise), the guards would hesitate to check and would simply walk away.

Have any of you ever played Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction?
Mercenaries_-_Playground_of_Destruction_Coverart.png

It's my all-time favorite video game and no one ever seems to know about it. It came out in 2005, is a much larger world than GTA ta the time. It takes place in North Korea, and is open world. You are a mercenary and can sign contracts with South Korea, Allies, Russia, and China. You're not always against North Korea - sometimes you will end up fighting another of the factions, only then to be hired by them. The world is huge, realistic, and you can blow entire skyscrapers to the ground. Gameplay is difficult and long. The object is to capture General Song and his commanders (the guys threatening nuclear warfare).

150677-Mercenaries_-_Playground_of_Destruction_(USA)-6.jpg

Mercs%201%20-%20running--article_image.jpg

mercenaries_18.jpg

hqdefault.jpg