Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 99 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 31, 2018
It's really excited to see the discussion, as I have not played so many, there're still some topics worth to mention.

Assassin's Creed
Machinarium
FNAF

Yet so many upcoming ones.
Thanks for stating the topic.

About 7 hours into the game and I'm at chapter 9. Just begun to be precise. I'm really liking this game. It's gameplay is really good. I'm not so sure about the story. I just find it a bit weak and overall, a lot less interesting than what is offered by playing it.

EDIT: The Evil Within spoilers-
Chapter 5
The invisible enemies at the start weren't too bad. I crafted incendiary bolts to kill them. One trick I found to spotting them easily was just to have the crossbow aimed up. The trajectory arc will suddenly decrease in length if the invisible zombie was close to you. I was able to take them out pretty easily this way.
The spider lady boss fight wasn't hard for me either. I pretty much ran around and made her fall into those traps laying around.

Chapter 6
Going outside was a breath of fresh air. I was able to take out the twin giants with the shotgun. Used up maybe 10 rounds or more on both combined. I think I have the shotgun damage upgraded to a good level. Hence the reason why they went down quick.
I did not kill the dog boss. I didn't want to use up any more of my ammo, so I just sprinted in to get Joseph's glasses and ran back to gates.

Chapter 7
More than any other boss, the boxhead easily had the most buildup. When I finally encountered him, I was able to take him down with harpoon bolts. I had upgraded them to level 4 so he always went down in just 2 bolts. Crafting a new bolt only used by 2 scrap parts too so I had plenty to use. Didn't have trouble here either. I was able to turn off all the valves and be done with it.

Chapter 8
This was a surprisingly short chapter. Nothing major to talk about this one other than that large monster that chases you at the end.

Might want to remind people you're talking about The Evil Within, I had to click on the spoiler myself to remember. You should also let us know what difficulty mode you're playing on, because trust me, those scenarios you mentioned get a LOT harder. The higher the mode, the more enemies, more traps, and slimmer disarm zones on wall mines. Plus on Akumu, one hit from any enemy will kill you. It's also easy to run out of ammo. Some run out even on Nightmare. It can get very dicey ammo wise on Nightmare with no upgrades. I just started a run on Akumu with no upgrades and ammo is my biggest concern. One part you didn't even mention is one of the hardest parts of the game on harder modes, the part inside the burning house early in Chapter 6. The thing I hate most about it is you get no checkpoint after getting through the first door, and the 2nd part under the house is even worse.

On the invisible enemies, I only kill the first one, because you have to for the door you need to go through to open up. I use one explosive bolt because there's one in the portal mirror room to replace it. I fire it at him as he first approaches me from the end of the hall, just before he goes invisible. Then I run back inside the portal mirror room and wait until he bashes on the door. Then I kick the door open (double tap Space), which knocks him to the floor and makes him visible. Then I shotgun him once, which kills him. The other two on the way to the gate keycard can easily be ran past. I usually don't stop for the ammo in the cabinet to the right before the double doors, but sometimes I manage to get it. I usually get all the loot in the keycard room, but you need to move quickly if you want to get back to the door to kick it and knock down the guy bashing on it. Then it's just an easy mad dash to the gate.

You're not done with Laura yet, you will fight her again, and my guess is you won't want to spend what it takes to kill her, despite missing one key in doing so. The next fight is also much harder. You DO have the luxury of the Fighting Chance Pack though, which gives you Incendiary Bolts, but truth be told, level 5 harpoons are incendiary, and still cost just 2 scrap to make. I don't have the Fighting Chance Pack, I actually don't like it. I tried playing on a friend's rig whom had it, and the double barrel shotgun kept appearing in the slot the shotgun was in, despite my changing to regular shotgun. The double barrel one wastes too much ammo. I prefer just the base game.

The giants will take more than shotgun on harder modes. It's best to use at least one explosive bolt on each because there are 2 in that area you can pick up. In fact on high modes I use 2 on each, then finish with shotgun. The hardest thing about the giants is it's hard to prepare quick enough for the 2nd one that rushes you. I've tried laying explosive bolt traps, but they don't do as much damage as firing them at their head. I don't usually kill the Sentinel either (big dog), especially on higher difficulty modes, because you waste too much ammo for the amount of loot there is. This is especially the case on no upgrades runs because green gel doesn't apply.

The Keeper (box head), also gets much tougher on harder modes. It becomes hard to keep him away, avoid his traps, and have enough time to turn off the gas. You aren't done with him either, and the next place you fight him will be harder.

Chapter 8 is easy, Chapter 10 you will have to fight the Amalgam (big monster). I can give you tips if you need them, he is one of the hardest bosses, and one which a lot of help requests are made.

Chapter 11 is where most run out of ammo if they try higher difficulty modes or especially higher modes with no upgrades. This is where it's beneficial to know the game well and experiment reloading checkpoints to get best resource results.

I have not decided yet whether I want to do my no upgrade Akumu run with locker keys or not. I think I will try with no keys since I've seen two people do it. The best run I've ever seen is a Japanese guy that did a speedrun on Akumu with no upgrades or keys, and he does some pretty clever stuff that I didn't know was possible. Seraphim17 did it too, though not as a speedrun, and he even managed while wasting ammo in places he didn't need to.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357703649

I've already mentioned in a previous post that I've been playing on 'Survival' difficulty. It's the highest available for me right now. I'll be sure to mention the game when posting spoilers.

The Evil Within spoilers down below-
The burning house is not difficult at 'Survival'.The game isn't really hard at this difficulty mode, to be honest. Most of my deaths so far have been from the chainsaw guy and from traps.
I'm not exactly playing the game for challenge, so I don't think I'll do a Nightmare or Akumu run anytime soon. I just want to experience it for now. For me, the atmosphere and gameplay is enough to recommend playing this game.

Sorry, forgot you said Survival mode earlier. A lot of people have struggled with the burning house even on Survival, so you could probably handle harder modes.

I've finished chapter 9 and now playing chapter 10 of the evil within. Kinda stuck right now though...

TEW1 Spoilers below-

Chapter 9
I gotta say, Ruvik's home was pretty nerve wracking. He could come in at any time randomly and just completely mess with you. The screen just turns blue and this thumping music kicks in which made me very nervous. I ran around a lot when it happened and he'd go away after 15 seconds or so, everytime.
The blood monster that chases you at the end killed me several times mainly because I wasn't able to see the padlocks on the gates that fell down.
Inside the barn, I spent too much time and too many lives on trying to see if I could just escape from him. I thought he'd keep spawning endless enemies but it took me sometime to realize that it wasn't the case.

Chapter 10
This is probably the most stress inducing chapter so far. That mutated monster that shows up once you turn on the generator was very surprising for me. I did not expect to fight it right away. I used harpoon bolts and explosive bolts on it to kill that mutated mess.
Needless to say, I was even more surprised to find 2 of them in a single room, along with a masked zombie. I stealth killed the masked one and then I got lucky. Somehow, only one of them noticed me so I used the same tactic as before and killed it. I used shock bolts to freeze the other one in place and just blasted him with some shotgun rounds.
Then I encountered Laura. I did not kill her but instead just ran away from her and saved most of my ammo. I ran around in circles with her from time to time. It was a long chase but I finally got away from her.

I'm now facing that huge monster that chased me around in an earlier chapter. It is definitely the hardest one I've faced so far. I am dying countless number of times and I could surely use your help here, Frag. I was able to get it into it's second form a couple of times but it keeps charging at me and insta killing me as a result..

The big guy is called the Amalgam Alpha, cuz he's a mixture of things and super powerful. Kinda reminds me of that creature in The Thing that kept eating people and animals, growing and morphing into a combination of them.

There are two tricks I use on him, one I gleaned from another player's video, the other I came up with myself.

1. Using stealth for first phase

You can bring him to phase two, which I'l call the vagina mouth rage state, with complete stealth. You do this by hiding behind a pillar, and shooting the eyeball on the end of the tentacle when it pauses stationary to look. Only use the pistol to do this, as he cannot hear it. This momentarily stuns and blinds him. Immediately equip your harpoon right after the pistol shot and shoot the human looking part on top of it, preferably in the head if you can. On Survival mode it shouldn't take too many times doing this before he goes into rage mode, but it depends on much much you've upgraded your pistol and harpoons.

2. Using traps for 2nd phase

After the 3rd round of shots you're going to want to set up a shock bolt trap on the floor. I will orient in relation to where you are at the checkpoint when the fight starts, which I'm sure you're all too familiar with by now.

You can get in your first set of shots from just to the right of that checkpoint pillar. The eye can be a bit hard to see through the smoke, but be careful not to be too far to the right of the pillar, or he'll spot you. Right after the harpoon shot, if he doesn't see you, he'll head a little ways down the long corridor between the two parking areas, and stop there to look near the wall. Stand to follow him (do not sprint) to get near the car by the pillar to get in your next 2 set of shots. The pistol is more effective at semi close range. After those shots immediately head back to the pillar to hide.

If he still doesn't see you, he'll almost immediately keep going down the long corridor. Take this time to setup at the pillar to the far right corner of where you were facing at the starting checkpoint. There's some boxes there with pistol ammo on top of them too. He will come back down to that parking area, and usually turn left and pause just before the room in the corner across from you. You can get in another set of shots there, but stay near the pillar then retreat behind it. He'll keep this routine up, sometimes alternating by instead heading to a spot in between the pillar you were at when the fight started, and the one you're at now.

You can use that pillar to get in shots regardless of which spot he stops at. It is best, and most common that he goes into rage mode when he's paused just before that room though, and this is why I always put a shock bolt on the floor between that spot he stops at, and the 2nd pillar I move to. I place it near the right front corner of a car parked near that pillar. You should ideally have 2 spare shock bolts to use, at the very least one, already made.

You'll want to keep your crossbow set to harpoon bolts until you know he's in rage mode, and of course have your shock trap set before he does. Also get familiar with how many taps of R it takes to switch from harpoon to explosive bolts, and max their capacity. As soon as he goes into rage mode, make sure you stay positioned in line with him and the shock bolt trap so he heads toward it. Once he starts moving, immediately hit weapon wheel, which slows time, and equip explosive bolts.

Then run back toward and around the first pillar you were at and head down the corridor, stopping momentarily to shoot a explo bolt trap on the floor near the two red barrels on the right wall (like 3' away on the middle of the corridor side), then one in line with them in the middle of the corridor. For maximum effect, if you have time you can also shoot a shock trap there to make sure he stays there to take the full explosion, which also gives you an opportunity to fire at it's open mouth with the sniper rifle from the end of the corridor while he's shocked and stationary. There's an eye in it which is the most sensitive part.

You can alternatively keep running right at the next parking area and set another explo trap like before near two red barrels there, and those ones have a car nearby that can explode. It gets a bit tricky there though, because the room in that area past the barrels and car is not really safe to hide in, plus when he finds you there he will not only damage you and pull you out, it will collapse the doorway to the room and you'll lose all the loot in it unless you've already gathered it, which you probably won't have time for. This is the same for both such rooms.

I've managed to at times shoot a shock bolt at him right after he hits the 2nd explo trap, then run past him, but he'll be facing the wrong way to shoot his mouth. Last time I played it on Survival, which was less than a week ago because after formatting I lost all my saves, I actually hid under the car to the far left as you round the corner going into that area (right of the elevator doors), and he not only couldn't find me, he glitched and froze in place on the other side of that area.

With these methods though he shouldn't last long on Survival mode. I mean he didn't hit my 2nd trap, but I think I shot like two explo bolts at him and he was dead, but he DID trip up on my first trap. Make sure you go back and pick up any traps that don't get used btw. It's one of the nice things about traps, they're never really wasted.
Good luck, let me know how it goes. I just started my Akumu, no upgrades, no keys, no fighting chance pack run last night, and am stuck on chapter 3. I just realized that I think most whom do that challenge either labor through killing all the zombies before the chainsaw guy (Sadist), or use the double barrel shotgun from the fighting chance pack.

I'm trying to do something in between so I can avoid any DLC crutches, and still stay under the 20 min limit of ShadowPlay's Instant Replay cache time limit. I'm slowly getting it figured out, but it's a real laborious process. :/

Here's my chapter 2 vid, all was going well until the end when one of the two zombies laying near each other didn't catch fire. I lost a minute or so wandering around to lose him, but overall it was fairly good because I collected a fair amount of scrap.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j14GATFpqFc"][/video]

Don't worry about getting stuck in places, everyone goes through that while learning the game. In fact I'd say you're doing better than the average player in most places.

I finally did it!

Evil Within spoilers below-
Chapter 10
I died a few times more before I finally beat the amalgam. I followed your advice, Frag, as in using the pistol to shoot the eye. I was using the sniper until then. I also decided to put up those shock bolts along that hallway connecting the two garages. I put up maybe 3 of them.
In the first phase, I shot it's eye and then one of the human heads off and I ran off to the room on the other side of the garage. I used grenades on it when it came near and the best part was, the monster never came after me. It'd just go back like nothing happened. I took this to my advantage and kept throwing grenades at it over and over. I used maybe 4 grenades in total. This wasn't enough to put him in the second form though so I got out and sniped him a little bit.

After sniping, it went into the second form and the shock bolts were already in place. I found it impossible to just run away from it in the second form as it'd just eat me as soon as it got close, so I hatched up a small plan. The small rooms on both sides of the garage were still usable so I just quickly got in one and then it'd go into the animation of trying to find me inside. I blasted him with 4 shotgun rounds and as soon as he was about to destroy the room, I got out. It always leaves a small gap so that you are able to get out in time. I quickly ran to the other room and it soon followed. Same tactic here as well. It goes into the animation and I blast it with the shotgun. I only had to fire twice this time around before it ultimately fell to it's death. I guess it also helped that my shotgun was at damage level 5.

Chapter 11
I just got past a water monster (?) and then some fake Ruvik (?). Still at the very early stages of this chapter...

Great, not exactly the easiest method, but whatever works for ya. I'm getting my method for Chapter 3 pretty much finalized now. Sometimes it goes quick enough to where I have enough time to do it in 20 min, but I'll screw up and get killed by the Sadist.:fou: The part I was stumbling on before is that unpredictable house with the sniper on the balcony. Pretty much have that figured out now by using the lower level door near the spike trap lever.

Before taking it on, I collect two hatchets and a torch on my way there. The hatchets are in the house next to the barn, and one in the barn. The torch I get from a guy carrying one in the portal mirror house across from the barn, where I toss a bottle from upstairs at the wall mine as he's coming to investigate. Some funny goings on in that house with the sniper. One hit melee weapons make it quicker, safer, and easier, and many zombies you kill carry them.

It's always a guess whether another guy with a torch will come down the stairs, or one of the zombies outside will bust through the lower level door by the spike trap lever. So what I do now after I hop through the window that breaks, is quickly go back in the corner by that lever, and wait. If the guy comes down the stairs, I go into the middle of the room so he can see me. He then pulls the trap lever on the stairs, and runs at me, killing himself with the spikes. :lol:

If one is banging on the door instead, I kick it open and ax him, or better yet match him if knocked to the ground. I have found that door can be used multiple times for this, even when the middle of it is broken and you can easily see through it. This is why they make them breakable though, so you can't spam that technique. Eventually it breaks away completely.

This is all necessary to get the crossbow with explo bolt on the top floor. The sniper himself is the most dangerous, especially after he hears the goings on. I sometimes manage to kill him in the ceiling spike trap, other times after he comes down I follow him up to the balcony. When he goes back to his post he looks out over the balcony, instead of toward the door when alerted, so you can sneak kill him.

After I kill all the regular zombies, I plan to kill the Sadist by planting one explo bolt on the floor near each wall mine in the barn on the ground and upper level, then lure him into them. It may not be enough, but if need be I'll finish him of with a couple shotgun headshots and a grenade if necessary. I'll probably also setup the hay stacks near the top of the ladder to get in a match burn.

It really racks your brain playing with challenges like this because you have to think about the ammo you can top off with both inside the level you're on, and in the next one you're going to. My 60 year old brain sometimes can't remember it all. It's almost like a horror game of chess, you have to plan well ahead.

I've finished chapter 11 and 12 of TEW.

TEW1 spoilers
Chapter 11
I got through the section where we're on an incredibly slow elevator (?) and there are zombies just sprawling everywhere. Died a few times but I managed to get through.
The stealth section with 2 of those mutated monsters (called Trauma according to wiki) and several other zombies was easy. There were several places by the mannequins where you could crawl through so it was okay.
Other than that, nothing major to talk about in this chapter. No boss fights.

Chapter 12
There was the huge spider like monster which you just shoot at. The part where you have to get to the ambulance and back was a little difficult. I kept dying once the machine gunner showed up but it was a lot of fun to kill of all those others once you had control over it.

Chapter 13
I just started it and saw boxhead. I think I am about to fight him very soon..

I've finished chapters 13 and 14 of TEW.

The Evil Within 1 spoilers below-
Chapter 13
That boxhead fight was kinda over in just half a minute for me. I unknowingly got into that laundry chute and escaped without killing him entirely. I just killed him twice before the chute arrived so I just got into it and then it was just over. I thought the fight would resume once I got down again.
In survivor difficulty, there were only a couple of those floor bolts in that room but I do remember having to face an entire traproom filled with those robotic blades. Man, that was pretty hard. Took me a while to understand that I could just use some shock bolts to completely destroy those.

Chapter 14
Used up a lot of ammo over those two headed monsters. I really hate those...
Then I faced that tentacled boss (called Quell according to wiki). I died a few times from it's exploding slugs. I just mainly used my level 4 harpoon bolts over it and used the pistol to shoot the slugs before they got near. It was pretty cool that they dropped ammo every time you kill them. By the time I finished the boss, I had all my ammo refilled.

That's the way it goes for most. You just hold him off until you can jump in the chute. It's pointless to try killing him.

The two headed ones are called AlterEgo. The ones I have to kill I snipe in the head. In one place you can dash past and crouch under an electrical beam. Looks cool when they hit it.

The place before the Quell where the goo bulges out when you flip the lever that activates the generator that opens the door can be trick due to close quarters and the ALterEgos climbing up over the bulged goo, making it hard to line up sniper shots. It's even harder on higher modes because they add two Trauma in that area (http://theevilwithin.wikia.com/wiki/Trauma).

The place with the 3 stone pieces that fit into a slab blocking the exit where you have to turn off gas valves, it's best to have the hatchet near one of them in a cell in the corridor before jumping down. Then ax the first one, turn off the 2 valves, and after going down the next ladder (checkpoint), lure two of them in the dark tunnel toward you while backpedaling back to the ladder. When they're near dash past and down into the next area past another one. It's safe once you get down there.

There's a lot of places in the game you can dash past enemies to conserve ammo, and still pick up loot.
Finally finished my Chapter 3 run last night on Akumu with no upgrades/keys/DLC. I tried many times to make it much shorter by stockpiling 2 hatchets, and a torch near the Sadist in the barn. I've seen a guy get him with two hatchets, and a sneak stab, in between torching a Haunted (regular zombie) that comes running, but I always got killed by either the Haunted or the Sadist before I could pull that off.

Knowing after many tries the long way (killing all Haunted first), that I would not be able to quite get it all done in 20 min, I planned a pause to save the first ShadowPlay Instant Replay. I found out the hard way after a successful run doing this you need to pause for at least a minute before moving again, or the 2nd Instant Replay clip will look very choppy for nearly a minute because it's caching while the first clip is being saved.

So at the 17:19 mark you will see a slight hitch where I pause momentarily before examining the chain, but I edited out as much of the pause as I could, and it's all the same session of play. At first I thought I'd grabbed all the loot before exiting, then I realized I missed some pistol rounds in the chest in the barn where the Sadist was chained. This is of no consequence though because Chapter 4 has plenty of pistol ammo I can top off with.

I managed to do pretty well saving resources. The door kicks and ceiling trap lever were really helping, though I messed up with the floor spikes in the other house. I was going to time it by hearing the zombie bash open the double doors, but I forgot one door was broken. There were about 3 close calls where I nearly got killed by Haunted.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGSk9-bJpnA"][/video]

Is this your video?

Yes, like I said above it's part of my new Akumu challenge for The Evil Within with no upgrades/keys/DLC. By DLC I mean no fighting chance pack, which allows you to use the double barrel shotgun at the start of chapter 3, which is 150% more powerful than the stock non upgraded shotgun, and fires two rounds successively.

I've finished the evil within. It took me nearly 16 hours and my death count was 97; according to the end statistic. I was playing at Survival difficulty.
This game was definitely worth playing. I really enjoyed it and I thought it was one of the best survival horror games I've played (and I haven't really played too many). I'd say I enjoyed it just as much as Resident Evil 4 which I finished a few months back. This game was dark, atmospheric and just very immersive. Gameplay was quite fun too.
The story, while it has a neat concept, is just not executed all that well. I really didn't care much about Sebastian, Joseph or Kidman...

The Evil Within 1 spoilers-
Chapter 15
The beginning of this chapter felt drawn out a bit. You were just walking around a lot and just picking up green gel and other items.
The fight that starts when Seb looks into Ruvik's eyes, wasn't too bad. I was able to fend off against the monsters that came near me.
The fight with the 2 boxheads was surprising. I thought chapter 13 was the last time I'd ever see it but here I was...
The fight was easy enough. I made sure not to go in between those retractable spikes whenever I was running away from them. Used up all of my magnum ammo (6 rounds) on them and I kept using my level 5 harpoon bolts. They definitely needed a lot more beating than in any previous encounters so I was worried that about them respawning again. I was relieved that they didn't.

The final boss fight in this game was a bit underwhelming for me. It was just cinematic more than anything. It was still pretty cool I guess.

All the best on your no upgrades/keys/dlc akumu run, Frag. I might replay this one on a higher difficulty sometime because the incentives they give you for a NG+ is pretty nice.

On the part with the 2 Keepers, if you use the levers for the spike door on either side of it you can keep them away from you without running around. The trick is to get in your shots just as they both come into view after circling around to the other side. If you shoot one when it's advancing while the other is behind it, you risk them splitting up and going different directions.
Thanks, it's going pretty well so far. I've only had to split one of the 4 vids I've made into two Instant Replay segments, but Chapter 6 I'll probably split up into at least 2 if not 3 segments using checkpoints.

Here's my Chapter 4 vid. I managed to come out very well on resource use and time, but I had some tense moments with the fake Ruvik where I thought for sure I'd die. My time for the first 4 chapters is roughly 1 hr 6 min, so I may be on track for my under 5 hr goal to finish the game. Of course the worst is yet to come, so it's hard to say.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDtQO3XBtrk"][/video]

It would be nice that you do the voice over like everybody else does (While playing OFC).

Yeah and it would be grand if at 60 I could do it all casually while sipping a cup of joe too, but that's not the reality. This kind of challenge takes every bit of ingenuity, focus, and even luck you can manage. Even when I make it sound like it's going well, I'm really only talking the final end result of each chapter. Trust me, there are hours of work into it, and many frustrating situations where I fail an attempted resource result, or die, that you do not see. This is definitely not going to be an impressive run for those whom go for low death counts by end game. Just to beat the game this way without running out of ammo, and in a reasonable amount of time, is the real goal.

I've also seen plenty Akumu runs, a few with the no upgrade/key challenge, and not one of them attempting such a challenge do voice over in it WHILE playing, and the one that did it fastest was using the more powerful and fast DLC shotgun. What I mentioned above about it taking numerous attempts is likely why most doing such things don't add voice while playing. Most would literally go horse from narrating the same parts over and over with each attempt.

While I agree that videos with good narration add some pizzazz, I prefer not to add my voice even dubbed in after for a few reasons. 1. it takes extra editing time, 2. my voice often sounds gargly, 3. it involves extra expense for a good mic if you want it to sound clear, 4. you can run out of things to say, or reveal more than some may want to hear on tactics. Not every YouTube fan even wants to hear narration because for some it spoils the immersion. For some it's like watching a movie with the director revealing secrets of every scene. Certainly not for everyone.

I'm sorry if it's a style you don't like, but thanks for watching, and I hope you stay tuned for the rest. ;)

I will stay tuned, don't worry.

I started playing Yakuza 0. I was already hyped when it was announced for PC back in June. I always wanted to play a Yakuza game. I'm about 7 hours in and the game is really starting to open up. The main story is dark and serious so far but this game knows when to take itself seriously. The minigames are in the dozens and I don't think I've unlocked them all just yet but most of them are really fun. You'll get distracted from your main quest with all these cool things to do around Kamurocho. Chapter 1 was kinda straight forward with you mostly doing just the main missions but Chapter 2 is when you start unlocking the side quests or sub stories as the game calls it. I've done a couple and they were quite funny.

Anyone not familiar with Yakuza (like me) should know that it's mainly a beat em' up kinda game. You get to explore this city hub, play minigames that is actually quite fun and just experience this amazing story of the 80s yakuza.

Oh and you don't need to play any of the older titles to understand what's going on or anything. This is actually the perfect place to start.