Discussion What's your MOST favorite MUSIC GENRE ? **currently playing song on your device** ?

Page 56 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Would like to dedicate this song to all the innocent children, toddlers, and young ones killed recently in the war for Ukraine, as well as thousands taking shelter in bunkers, metro stations, underground garage etc., without food, water and medicine. My prayers are always with them ! They don't deserve all this. Amen.

"When the Children Cry", by WHITE LION band (Glam Metal, Hard Rock).

2f9fb48d0b8b48f393d171e0a2999b48.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tatKFXlYiY&ab_channel=RHINO

Lyrical theme of this powerful ballad.

Little child
Dry your crying eyes
How can I explain
The fear you feel inside
'Cause you were born
Into this evil world
Where man is killing man
And no one knows just why...

What have we become
Just look what we have done
All that we destroyed
You must build again....

When the children cry
Let them know we tried
'Cause when the children sing
Then the new world begins.....

Little child
You must show the way
To a better day
For all the young
'Cause you were born
For the world to see
That we all can live
With love and peace....

No more presidents
And all the wars will end
One united world
Under God....

When the children cry
Let them know we tried
Then the new world begins....

What have we become
Just look what we have done
All that we destroyed
You must build again....

No more presidents
And all the wars will end
One united world
Under God.....

When the children cry
Let them know we tried
'Cause when the children fight
Let them know it ain't right
When the children pray
Let them know the way
Then the new world begins

Last edited:
Reactions: King_V
Ok sorry guys that was political. Not allowed.
If I offended any of our Russian, Croation or any Slavic nation. I must apologize.
My wife is half Polish and this pisses her off to no end.
enough said.
But this is beyond absurd.

View: https://youtu.be/7FroQm-63RI

Sinatra? He really can sing just about anything.
Absolutely amazing. Would of never thought about that style of voice from him.
I know stereotypes! Right?
A talented soul can move us in many ways.
My wife watched all of the original Idol,Voice and others ....
And occasionally one of those voices would make me walk in the other room and listen.
When a voice or instrument causes the hair on your arms/neck and head tingle and feel electrified, that person/band is gifted.
Hope his gift helps many others.
Thanks for sharing that.

Absolutely amazing. Would of never thought about that style of voice from him.
I know stereotypes! Right?
A talented soul can move us in many ways.
My wife watched all of the original Idol,Voice and others ....
And occasionally one of those voices would make me walk in the other room and listen.
When a voice or instrument causes the hair on your arms/neck and head tingle and feel electrified, that person/band is gifted.
Hope his gift helps many others.
Thanks for sharing that.
View: https://youtu.be/vSqQ7Bdpxn0

Did not know he had a special needs child. Glad he is helping a good cause.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Oysterhead is an American rock supergroup featuring bassist Les Claypool of Primus, guitarist Trey Anastasio of Phish and drummer Stewart Copeland of The Police, with both Claypool and Anastasio providing vocals

I have had this for years, I just forgot who the band was. I was going through music folder trying to see what I had forgotten I had.

Last edited:
Randy was .... phenomenal ,amazing and extremely gifted on a guitar.

The man blew me away live.

Amen to that brother !!

I used to have the record store copy of this poster on my door

That album cover art is just cool. I was having the following poster and even a full sleeves TEE that I used to adore much back then. I'm not a huge Maiden fan though, but some of their songs are outstanding.

Fear of the Dark ~

81DVq6Ls%2BOL._SL1500_.jpg

I have watched this live performance several times. It's good to see Zakk Wylde and Yngwie jamming with Steve. Only if the recording and sound/audio quality of this performance could have been better.

Oh btw, my favorite all time album cover art belongs to this legendary Death Metal band, OBITUARY. Also, still having this tee with me as well, apart from a poster. Creepy, and spooky as hell.

119689062.jpg

And of course EMPEROR Black Metal band's tees/merchandise.

il_570xN.3582511693_3zrj.jpg

832377e1cf82f30388d83d2b2f7d7241.jpg

This one is actually half sleeves though.

emperor_in_the_nightside_eclipse_tshirt_1461205371_c47a8969.JPG

Last edited:
This post is dedicated to the life, music and memorabilia for songwriter/musician Peter Steele, founder of the GOTHIC METAL band Type O Negative (read below). R.I.P. 1962-2010.

Band Name: Type O Negative. If you are into Gothic Metal/Rock genre, then you must be pretty much aware of this band, as they have been considered one of most influential and "original" GOTHIC Metal bands, having their own unique style and take on Goth Metal. Some even call them legends of GOTH Metal.

The band's current name was chosen in part because all four original members had already tattooed a "Sub-zero" logo on their arm, which is an O with a negative symbol inside it.

Genre: Is obviously Gothic/Doom Metal.

Lyrical themes: Depression, Death, Relationships, Love, Dark humour/GOTHIC romance.

EZGSA4oXYAYfaNV.jpg

Peter with his friend LISA in the early days of the band's career.

43c5fa3929ce11bf73917923a84a9c99.jpg

There is always something magically intangible about truly classic albums. The instrumentation, composition and production create an experience for the listener that transcends mere metal.

Type O Negative’s ‘October Rust’ is one of those albums that is so unique and special that it can be difficult to articulate one’s feelings about it. Yet, despite the excellent scores it has already received, its praises must be sung.

Type O Negative's trilogy of masterpieces: Bloody Kisses, October Rust, and World Coming Down albums, laid the groundwork for what followed, marking the band's transition to their iconic gothic metal style; but, it also managed to stand on its own as a pinnacle of the genre.

I suppose it only goes to show just how truly remarkable the musicianship of these artists and Peter Steele in particular, was. Their first two albums were already more atmospheric and melodic than their earlier hardcore punk projects, but this was the final step that solidified the identity of Type O Negative.

Ultimately, it's the focus on the power of romance and gothicism that truly works so well on October Rust album. Unfettered by later personal depression on the part of Steele, and emancipated from their annoying penchant for humour, ‘October Rust’ was able to stand as a serious work that did not self-sabotage. It was confident, honest and emotional, and due to a mature sense of pathos, shows a profound understanding of human sentimentality.

The music can go from extremely doomy to very fast thrash in no time it seems. The lyrics are at times very humorous to very depressing at others. The band vastly matured as songwriters, especially Steele, whom I think wrote most of the lyrics.

Sufficed to say, a fan of just about any form of extreme music be it metal or hardcore can probably find something that they like, as their earlier albums manage to fuse all these different types of music together and then envelope it in a gothic atmosphere.

Type O Negative solidified themselves as one of the premier bands in twisting around older rock/pop songs into dark, twisted, heavy monstrosities that are able to attract a fairly sizable audience. The combination of Peter Steele’s extremely low yet wide vocal range and the band’s unique ability at producing their own material have made them an outlier in the musical spectrum of the 90s, where pretty much everything else was processed for consumption by the recording labels.

There is likely a strong case to be made that this band’s unique brand of creative genius is what paved the way for every act that ended up on Roadrunner Records, not the least of which being Cradle of Filth.

Enough of my yapping, just hear some tracks. Shall we ?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgkBWZXVLyk&ab_channel=RoadrunnerRecords

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD5No_JRrZw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3aiM8K6D0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO9aD4mzSE8

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sMALbhJU6M

Last edited: