[SOLVED] Where do I Connect my AIO Cooler (Help, Im new to AIO Liquid Cooling)

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
Hi! I recently bought an ID Cooling Auraflow x 120 (120mm radiator)and it has so many pins and connectors and I do not know which connector goes to which.

Apparently my motherboard only has two fan connectors one is named CPU_FAN and CHA_FAN

In the AIO, there are two cables from the PUMP

The first one - its a cable that looks like a female connector with 3 holes in it. Where does this go? Do I connect this directly to my CPU_FAN on the motherboard or to the CHA_FAN on my motherboard? (It also came with an adaptor that can be connected to the SATA Powersupply. (If I am not mistaken, I do not know if the pump has to be connected to the SATA or directly into the motherboard).

The 2nd one looks like the RGB connector and it looks like a 4 pin male connector which can be connected to a LED adaptor/controller that came in with the cooler

There are also two wires that came in with the FAN

One that looks like a female connector that has 4 holes on it ( similar to the female connector on the pump which only has 3 holes) where do I connect this also? to the CPU_FAN or to the CHA_FAN on my motherboard?

The 2nd one looks similar to the 2nd cable of the pump a cable that is male and has 4 pins (im guessing its also the LED connector).

Solution
1st picture - standard 4pin pwm fan connector. Connect to CPU-FAN.
3rd picture - since your board doesn't have RGB connector, then you have to use the controller and connect it to sata power.
4th picture - connect pump to sata power.
Did you read the manual?

429641d1514662075-pentru-imaginile-text-uploadati-pozele-aici-ambalaj-004.jpg

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
Ye
Did you read the manual?

429641d1514662075-pentru-imaginile-text-uploadati-pozele-aici-ambalaj-004.jpg

Yes, I have read the manual, The only thing that is instructed there is on how to connect the Pump RGB and the Fan RGB. I understand that I have to connect the RGB connectors (from the pump and from the fan to multiple adaptors and from the adaptor to either the Motherboard RGB Controller or the Built in controller that came with the cooler).

What I do not understand is where I should connect my pump power (either to the CPU_FAN / CHA_FAN or to the SATA Adapter that comes with it (if that's even possible or if it is for that))

And where I should connect my Radiator Fan Cable whether it is to be connected to the CPU_FAN / CHA FAN or to the SATA Adapter too.

Then show photos of the connectors, you can not figure out.
Also list model name of your motherboard.

Normally - pump has to be run at full speed. You connect pump to either sata power or special pump header on motherboard (if there is one).
Radiator fan - connect either to CPU_FAN or CHA_FAN header. Some motherboards require CPU_FAN to be connected or will give warning/refuse to turn on at all.

Last edited:

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
Then show photos of the connectors, you can not figure out.
Also list model name of your motherboard.

Normally - pump has to be run at full speed. You connect pump to either sata power or special pump header on motherboard (if there is one).
Radiator fan - connect either to CPU_FAN or CHA_FAN header. Some motherboards require CPU_FAN to be connected or will give warning/refuse to turn on at all.

Thankyou, I quite understood it. But for double checking, my motherboard is ASUS H81M-D it does not have an RGB Header and a PUMP header. It only has CHA_FAN and CPU_FAN

Here are the pictures of the cables, please correct me If I'm wrong.

Here is the power cable from the fan, so I should connect it to either the CHA_FAN or the CPU_FAN?
View: https://imgur.com/7Ly61sJ

Here are the RGB Adaptors (2 RGB LED Connectors from pump and from the FAN)
View: https://imgur.com/KQyEJsd

Should I connect this to the SATA? (RGB Fan connector + Pump Rgb Connector -> Adaptors -> Controllers -> SATA PSU)?
View: https://imgur.com/sYMOw90

Here is the Pump Power connector. It is currently connected to the 3pin to SATA Adapter (Since I have no PUMP Header in the motherboard, I can connect this to the SATA or remove the SATA adaptor and connect the 3pin to the CPU_FAN?)
View: https://imgur.com/omPD2dY

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
1st picture - standard 4pin pwm fan connector. Connect to CPU-FAN.
3rd picture - since your board doesn't have RGB connector, then you have to use the controller and connect it to sata power.
4th picture - connect pump to sata power.

Thankyou very much! That's all I needed to know. I'm still waiting for a new cheap case because I realized my current case doesn't have any space in the back for the mounts. But thanks anyway!