Question Which component should I upgrade first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2022
Greetings!

My current build is:
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB 3200 MHz Ram
ASUS DUAL-RTX2060-O6G

I have recently meddled into streaming while playing video games with a lot of extra programs running in the background. Discord, Vtube Studio, Chrome and Opera GX, and Bitdefender.

Whenever I stream and play, I've noticed that I get a lot of stuttering and much lower FPSs than when I play when I'm not streaming which is probably normal.

I'm considering upgrading my build part by part, and I'm wondering which part I should upgrade first?

With Futureproofing in mind, I was thinking of upgrading in this order:

Upgrading to the Ryzen 9 5900X -> Upgrading my RAM -> and Upgrading to the RTX 3070.

Would this upgrade path be advisable, or do you think I should upgrade in a different order?

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Greetings!

My current build is:
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB 3200 MHz Ram
ASUS DUAL-RTX2060-O6G

I have recently meddled into streaming while playing video games with a lot of extra programs running in the background. Discord, Vtube Studio, Chrome and Opera GX, and Bitdefender.

Whenever I stream and play, I've noticed that I get a lot of stuttering and much lower FPSs than when I play when I'm not streaming which is probably normal.

I'm considering upgrading my build part by part, and I'm wondering which part I should upgrade first?

With Futureproofing in mind, I was thinking of upgrading in this order:

Upgrading to the Ryzen 9 5900X -> Upgrading my RAM -> and Upgrading to the RTX 3070.

Would this upgrade path be advisable, or do you think I should upgrade in a different order?

Any and all advice is appreciated!
Make sure your mobo supports this.

You might also need to factor in a psu and a cpu cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.