[SOLVED] Which CPU to get on a budget ?

Pedro Monteiro

Honorable
Dec 31, 2014
Hello there, I've been wanting to upgrade my i7 4970k for a while now.

While he still is a good CPU I'm playing a game called Black Desert Online, which requires alot of CPU power to be able to maintain stable FPS.

My question right now is what CPU I should get? Everyone recommends the ryzen 5 5600x but besides always being out of stock and at 315 euros, I saw a i7 10700KF for 365 euros...

Isn't the i7 10700KF a pretty good value for what the cpu has ? I mean it has more cores and more threads than the ryzen 5 5600x, more base core GHz, and it just costs more 50 euros than the ryzen 5 cpu while also being at stock. so what CPU should I get ?

Also I have a Cooler master seidon 120v CPU cooler, which at the moment I would also like to replace as well (I think its not cooling as well as before, besides this cooler is like 6+ years old). I would like to buy a Air CPU cooler instead of a radiator one because of my case, and aswell as budget because air coolers are normally way less expensive than water coolers, what would you guys suggest to get ?

GPU - RTX 2070 Super
Case - Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh

Last edited:
Solution
10700KF should do the job.
Also,since its 8c/16t i dont see any reason to replace it in 4-5 years if you are just gaming.
It doesnt have integrated graphics,keep that in mind.
If you are going with a unlocked CPU,you should get a Z490 motherboard,to overclock your CPU.
If you are on a tight budget i would consider 10400F,but 10700KF wont dissapoint you.
10700KF should do the job.
Also,since its 8c/16t i dont see any reason to replace it in 4-5 years if you are just gaming.
It doesnt have integrated graphics,keep that in mind.
If you are going with a unlocked CPU,you should get a Z490 motherboard,to overclock your CPU.
If you are on a tight budget i would consider 10400F,but 10700KF wont dissapoint you.

Solution