Jul 3, 2019
Hi, I'm currently looking for a laptop for my 3rd year at university in September, where I will be doing Games Development, and programming using Unreal Engine 4. I've been looking and I want a 2-in-1 laptop as I can use it with a stylus during lectures to write notes on and I also indulge in art from time to time.

The specs UE4 list as recommended are these:
  • Desktop PC or Mac
  • Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
  • Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
  • NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
  • 8 GB RAM

I've come across this HP Envy x360 and I was wondering if this would be good enough to run it. The main thing I'm worried about is the graphics, it has the 8GB ram. The envy has integrated AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics so I'm unsure whether or not this will suffice.
If not would anybody be able to recommend a 2-in-1 laptop capable of running Unreal Engine?
Also I understand that these aren't the Unreal forums but I thought it wouldn't hurt to post it here anyway.
Thanks

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Decent laptop but considerably less powerful. Doesn't even come with a SSD. If you want to be sure it runs, then get something with at least Nvidia MX 150 or the GTX 1050.

Below are some alternatives you can consider
Lenovo yoga 720 (GTX 1050)
Lenovo yoga 730 (GTX 1050)
Acer nitro spin 5 (GTX 1050)

Jul 3, 2019
Decent laptop but considerably less powerful. Doesn't even come with a SSD. If you want to be sure it runs, then get something with at least Nvidia MX 150 or the GTX 1050.

Below are some alternatives you can consider
Lenovo yoga 720 (GTX 1050)
Lenovo yoga 730 (GTX 1050)
Acer nitro spin 5 (GTX 1050)

Thanks, I dont think the Acer is quite what I'm looking for but the yoga 730 looks pretty good and it keeps within my price range, I'll keep looking but thanks for the reply!