pati_yeet

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
Hello there people! Christmas is keep on getting closer and closer.. so I'm thinking of getting a microphone for Christmas! This mic will be mainly used for discord chatting, but I might get into recording/streaming later on. I want a mic that doesn't need an audio interface, so I'd like a mic that is usb or 3.5mm jack. My budget is under £100. I was thinking of the Razer Seiren X mecury edition, modmic 5 and blue yeti (nano edition??), but there are just so many opinions from so many people that it makes it so hard to choose. Would like people to say about their experiences as well. Hopefully I'll find a good mic to get for Christmas!

pati_yeet

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
I don't trust USB microphones. I took the Audio Technica AT2020 in conjunction with the Focusrite 2i2. The sound is awesome. A lot of people took it on my advice and are happy too.
I’d rather get a usb mic. I don’t think I will be good at using XLR mics at my age xd. Also there’s no room for the audio interface. The price of a xlr mic and audio interface together will be too much for me anyways, I’m saving up for a new gaming pc in the process too (and by gaming pc i mean its components)